Help with Chanel Classic Flap!!!

Bravosf

Feb 24, 2012
Hello Dear PFers,

I bought a black classic M/L flap in Lambskin w/ gold hardware from Harrods last week. Now I am toying with the idea of going back to exchange the bag to Caviar leather (which they didn't have at that time), or possibly change to the Jumbo size. P.S I don't have anything in lambskin yet, but I don't baby my bags. So thought Caviar might be a better choice, although lambskin looks so luxe to me.

I am 5'8'' 1.7m, weight is around 70kg. Which size suits me better? M/L or Jumbo?

I have e/w flap, In the biz flap, and 3 wocs in my collection. So this bag will be sometimes for day use, sometimes for special occasions. If that makes sense.

Which bag should I exchange to? Which size and what leather? Thanks so much! Please advise!

I think a Jumbo will probably suit you more, especially for day use. You can still use the E/W or one of your WOC's for special occasions.

I'm a lambskin lover myself, so I'd pick lambskin anytime over caviar. Lambskin can take a beat, it's not as delicate as people believe it is.

Good luck with making your decision!

I also think the Jumb would suit you better. Lambskin might be nice to add to your collection since you don't have any, but in the end it is whatever you think will suit your lifestyle the best :smile:

I think a Jumbo will probably suit you more, especially for day use. You can still use the E/W or one of your WOC's for special occasions.

I'm a lambskin lover myself, so I'd pick lambskin anytime over caviar. Lambskin can take a beat, it's not as delicate as people believe it is.

Good luck with making your decision!

Thanks for your reply! I have never owned any lambskin before. Some people say that it scratches easily. Is it true?

I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs

Even the SA suggested the Jumbo size for my frame. Originally I had my eye on the m/l but no way it was way too small for me! I could only carry it as the long chain.

I've been carrying my Jumbo for casual wear and it's perfect size :smile:

Oh and I didn't have to think twice about caviar leather because I know I don't super baby my bags. I do love how the lambskin looks but I don't want to deal with every moment I accidently scratch it or someone bumps into it etc. :P

Later down the road I will get a lambskin but for an everyday bag I think caviar is best as it looks a little less casual as well.

Im 5'0 99lbs. And I love my jumbo classic caviar with gold hardware.

I asked around a lot before I got this combo because as u said the lambskin, pretty as may be, does scratch easily and the color (even black) does tend to go "matte" over time. I do not baby my bags either and Im extremely happy with my caviar bag. ( i have lambskin in icey silver lambskin and its got that lived-in, much used look even though its 2yrs old and because of the color used just to fancy places)

I also find caviar bags keep their shape a lot more

darae said:
I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs

Even the SA suggested the Jumbo size for my frame. Originally I had my eye on the m/l but no way it was way too small for me! I could only carry it as the long chain.

Oh and I didn't have to think twice about caviar leather because I know I don't super baby my bags. I do love how the lambskin looks but I don't want to deal with every moment I accidently scratch it or someone bumps into it etc. :P

Later down the road I will get a lambskin but for an everyday bag I think caviar is best as it looks a little less casual as well.
Thank you for your informative reply! Looks like I am heading back to the store to exchange for a jumbo in caviar leather ;) hopefully they will have it in stock!

Crazy4Hermes said:
Im 5'0 99lbs. And I love my jumbo classic caviar with gold hardware.

I asked around a lot before I got this combo because as u said the lambskin, pretty as may be, does scratch easily and the color (even black) does tend to go "matte" over time. I do not baby my bags either and Im extremely happy with my caviar bag. ( i have lambskin in icey silver lambskin and its got that lived-in, much used look even though its 2yrs old and because of the color used just to fancy places)

I also find caviar bags keep their shape a lot more

Thanks for your reply! I think you make a lot of sense. I am even to afraid to get my lambskin bag out of the box. Without using it, it already has dents from the zipper in the inner flap :sad:

I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs

I definitely agree with you Darae! I just got my Timeless Classic Jumbo in black caviar with SHW :love: before Christmas, and the SA without hesitation recommended the caviar over the lambskin.

From before I already had a Timeless Clutch in caviar, and a wallet in some sort of caviar-ish leather (from this years Cruise collection I think), but seeing as I wanted a bag for mostly everyday use, caviar is better. I would honestly freak out if I easily scratched a bag that cost 2950 pounds!! :wacko:

I am 1.74 cm (approx 5 feet 7" i think), so the M/L size which I initially had in mind looked way too small on my frame.. it might have worked if I were really skinny though :P

Good luck in deciding Bravosf!! Whatever you get I'm confident you will be in LOVE, as I am :smile:

I love how caviar feels when I touch it... its the textures that is really nice to the touch ;) pretty much durable too!
Jumbo is a gorgeous size that is not too small for you. You have more space too :biggrin:

jannececilie said:
I definitely agree with you Darae! I just got my Timeless Classic Jumbo in black caviar with SHW :love: before Christmas, and the SA without hesitation recommended the caviar over the lambskin.

From before I already had a Timeless Clutch in caviar, and a wallet in some sort of caviar-ish leather (from this years Cruise collection I think), but seeing as I wanted a bag for mostly everyday use, caviar is better. I would honestly freak out if I easily scratched a bag that cost 2950 pounds!! :wacko:

I am 1.74 cm (approx 5 feet 7" i think), so the M/L size which I initially had in mind looked way too small on my frame.. it might have worked if I were really skinny though :P

Good luck in deciding Bravosf!! Whatever you get I'm confident you will be in LOVE, as I am :smile:

Thanks for your kind words! Everyone is so helpful!

Fahrina said:
I love how caviar feels when I touch it... its the textures that is really nice to the touch ;) pretty much durable too!
Jumbo is a gorgeous size that is not too small for you. You have more space too :biggrin:

Caviar does feel nice and sturdy as well! I probably will never own a lambskin bag then, since I like to throw them around and put them on the floor when I am sitting, lol. Maybe i will add a smaller bag in lambskin, classic flaps are too expensive to not be sturdy :smile:

I also suggest a caviar jumbo. My first Chanel was a black caviar jumbo with shw. It is also much roomier and you will not regret that. Since you already have some woc's you will appreciate the extra capacity in the jumbo. Good luck!