Help with Celine Mini Belt Bag Color!!

Gal4Dior

O.G.
Nov 30, 2010
Hi all! I’m new to Celine and walked in a boutique today to see which color and size I liked.

It looks like all of them were drum leather which I heard was very durable and the mini size was definitely the best size, even though I’m sad it does not have cross body strap capabilities.

I would love your help in figuring out which would be best for me to wear daily for work. I tend to wear a lot of black and gray with jewel tones. I need something that can also transition into an evening event I’m attending.

Here are the photos of black, light gray, and light taupe.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated!! [emoji177][emoji177]

IMG_1509863336.928551.jpg
IMG_1509863356.437086.jpg
IMG_1509863378.229811.jpg

Reactions: hephephippo
Both definitely stood out more than the black. Do you own one? Would you say the leather is fairly durable and it’s not too heavy with items in it?

I have the light taupe in the micro size and I don't find the bag heavy at all. The leather is really durable and I use it as a daily casual bag. I dropped it once on the ground and it was still fine. Hope that helps and good luck with your decision!

I have the light taupe in the micro size and I don't find the bag heavy at all. The leather is really durable and I use it as a daily casual bag. I dropped it once on the ground and it was still fine. Hope that helps and good luck with your decision!

Thanks! Yes, very helpful! The sales person at Celine preferred the taupe on me, but I’m partial to light gray. I think light gray would show stains a lot more, though.

Hi @LVSistinaMM - I vote for the light taupe and light grey on you. I have the same size mini belt bag in a gray color and the inside of my bag is a mess - I just dump everything I carry and more in it since it's quite spacious. I love this bag and highly recommend it. I really don't plan to use it cross-body as it's too big for me to wear cross-body.

I Do love this bag so much tho, that I plan to purchase a micro size in the future in a fun color. None of the current colors appeal to me just yet.

Hope this helps!

Hi @LVSistinaMM - I vote for the light taupe and light grey on you. I have the same size mini belt bag in a gray color and the inside of my bag is a mess - I just dump everything I carry and more in it since it's quite spacious. I love this bag and highly recommend it. I really don't plan to use it cross-body as it's too big for me to wear cross-body.

I Do love this bag so much tho, that I plan to purchase a micro size in the future in a fun color. None of the current colors appeal to me just yet.

Hope this helps!

So helpful! Thank you! Currently trying to unload my So Black Boy to pay for my reissue. Then this bag is next. Do you have mod pics of your gray belt bag?

Thanks! BTW, I noticed that quite a few taupe are on Fashionphile! Why is that? It’s strange how that seems to be the color that people are selling. [emoji848]

I'm not sure why but my guess is they are from an older collection (season) and some just want to change their purses up or are getting ready for the spring collection to come out and buy newer colors.

I also find that the taupe looks so appealing but because of its lighter color I can't use it in the dead of winter for example or to match my usual outfits. But it's such an eye candy to look at and I could very well have bought it, then have a change of heart when I realize it's pretty to look at but not fit for my lifestyle. Just my personal thought on that.

I'm not sure why but my guess is they are from an older collection (season) and some just want to change their purses up or are getting ready for the spring collection to come out and buy newer colors.

I also find that the taupe looks so appealing but because of its lighter color I can't use it in the dead of winter for example or to match my usual outfits. But it's such an eye candy to look at and I could very well have bought it, then have a change of heart when I realize it's pretty to look at but not fit for my lifestyle. Just my personal thought on that.

Good point. I’m wondering if the light gray or light taupe can go year round since I live in Southern California - so for the most part it just needs to go with my outfits of gray, black, jewel tone green and vibrant blues.

Good point. I’m wondering if the light gray or light taupe can go year round since I live in Southern California - so for the most part it just needs to go with my outfits of gray, black, jewel tone green and vibrant blues.

Try to look in your closet and check your clothes and also see what bag colors you mostly have -- that might help.

I live in NYC and I tend to bust out my tan, sable, taupe and light neutral purses in the summer, and store them for the fall and winter. I like blacks, light greys, dark greys, browns and dark browns for the fall and winter.

I think for SoCal weather either colors would work absolutely fine! Post your reveal when you decide on one :smile:

Reactions: Gal4Dior
Try to look in your closet and check your clothes and also see what bag colors you mostly have -- that might help.

I live in NYC and I tend to bust out my tan, sable, taupe and light neutral purses in the summer, and store them for the fall and winter. I like blacks, light greys, dark greys, browns and dark browns for the fall and winter.

I think for SoCal weather either colors would work absolutely fine! Post your reveal when you decide on one :smile:

I live in So Cal and upon review of my closet it is 70% black clothing. <sigh>

In that case, maybe gray or taupe? I already have a YSL tote currently in gray, but I really love gray. [emoji175]