Help with brass hardware

Vicieux Rose

Feb 9, 2014
Can the hardware on this bag be saved? It's a vintage lv monceau and I'm not sure if it's plated or pure brass. Can I use brasso to fix this? Advice is greatly appreciated.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409606219.765074.jpg

Can the hardware on this bag be saved? It's a vintage lv monceau and I'm not sure if it's plated or pure brass. Can I use brasso to fix this? Advice is greatly appreciated.View attachment 2737253
I am pretty sure that it can be fixed by LV service ... but I would use a brass cleaner if available ... some say ketchup will work ( I would be too scared to try) and others say pure white toothpaste will do the trick. I have never tried that, but I would with with a toothpick gentle to see what it does.
Sorry I don´t know how much the exchange will be - but it might be worth it anyways.

If it's vintage then it's more than likely brass. I don't think it would hurt to try Brasso - I used this on a vintage cosmetic case and the zipper and pull came up beautiful! Good luck:smile:

I am pretty sure that it can be fixed by LV service ... but I would use a brass cleaner if available ... some say ketchup will work ( I would be too scared to try) and others say pure white toothpaste will do the trick. I have never tried that, but I would with with a toothpick gentle to see what it does.
Sorry I don´t know how much the exchange will be - but it might be worth it anyways.

If it's vintage then it's more than likely brass. I don't think it would hurt to try Brasso - I used this on a vintage cosmetic case and the zipper and pull came up beautiful! Good luck:smile:

Thanks ladies. I hope it'll turn out well.