Help with Bonanzle/eBay confusion?

Onederland

homo-a-gogo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
Alright, so let me lay out the problem as clear as possible.

I had an auction for my Chanel bag. The auction stated that shipping would be $25 with the box, and $15 without the box. The bag DID NOT end up selling.

I relisted the bag on both eBay and Bonanzle. this time, i stated that shipping was FREE, and that I WOULD NOT ship the box because it was massive compared to the bag, thus resulting in a costly and cumbersome shipment to send a bag in a box that is filled with 75% tissue/air, and that it would be shipped in an appropriate box and padded.

BOTH RELISTED EBAY AND BONANZLE AUCTIONS STATED THIS.

I had an interested buyer who missed the auction on eBay the first time.

so instead, he found my Bonanzle listing, and bought the bag via the BIN option on Bonanzle.

so i shipped it.

he got it today and said he loved the bag, but then sent me another message via eBay saying that I didn't send the box and he needed it.

I told him to refer to the Bonanzle listing that he bought it from, as it said that I would NOT include the box.

he replied saying that I wrote that I would include the box for a higher shipping price in the original 1st auction (that didn't sell.)

i then replied stating that he did not win that auction. He won the Bonanzle listing, and in that listing it was stated differently. furthermore, this time shipping was free.

So my question is, what happens from here? Could he file a claim or dispute against me?

any help would be appreciated.

I'd tell him if he wants the box, he can pay for shipping. Calculate the price to ship this empty box, quote it for him, and if he wants to pay for it, ship it.

Otherwise, he should have read before buying. And if the listing he purchased from says no box, then you're not obligated to send him one. =)

^^^Agreed. And although I suppose he could file a dispute (people can do whatever they want), he will lose. I'm not sure if you know this, but Paypal does not cover off-eBay transactions in cases of SNAD, only INR. Since he received it, he can't exactly claim INR. Also, please make sure you save screenshots and printouts of your Bonanzle auction listing, just in case he tries to file a chargeback with his CC company.

This is so strange! You didn't reference your old eBay listing in the Bonanzle listing that this buyer won, did you???

nope, i didn't reference it. he just happened to find it. but was super shady about it cause he contacted me as if he was this person named Joy on Bonanzle, and when i got the paypal payment with shipping address, it listed his name from the eBay account, so i knew something had to be fishy.

anyways, he's now saying that he deserves the box for free because he paid my asking price and payed promptly.

Last edited:
so i offered it to him, and he's saying that he deserves the box for free because he paid my asking price and payed promptly.

WTF?! What he paid for is what was LISTED on the ad...if it says no box, then it's no box.

I'd just be firm. It's not fair he asks you for extra when he knew he wasn't getting any. (assuming he actually know how to read).

You can't afford to lose money shipping an empty box. If he wants it so bad, he can pay for it to get shipped to him. If he tries to file anything on you, since the ad says "no box", then he has no claim to anything.

^^^Took the words right out of my mouth. Seriously, WTF. Especially after you said in the listing that the box was NOT INCLUDED?!?!?!? Tell this clown that the listing he "paid my asking price and payed promptly" for specifically stated that the box was not included, so you are not obligated. Please post here & let us know how it all works out! Good luck!

Exactly, if he just "assumed", paypal, ebay, bonanzle, whatever, is not going to give him anything based on his "assumptions", he's gonna get another thing coming.

I'd thank him for paying promptly, tell him it's not some extraordinary act to purchase for asking price (is that what we all do at stores? Unless he haggles at wal-mart too), and be firm that if he wants the box, he can pay for it to get shipped.

Even if he does threaten to file a SNAD or claim...just refer back to the auction he purchased from where it says "no box"....

nope, i didn't reference it. he just happened to find it. but was super shady about it cause he contacted me as if he was this person named Joy on Bonanzle, and when i got the paypal payment with shipping address, it listed his name from the eBay account, so i knew something had to be fishy.

anyways, he's now saying that he deserves the box for free because he paid my asking price and payed promptly.

He's sadly mistaken if he believes sellers owe him special benefits just because he paid the asking price promptly. Just be polite but firm; he doesn't have anything substantial against you in this situation.

I'd tell him if he wants the box, he can pay for shipping. Calculate the price to ship this empty box, quote it for him, and if he wants to pay for it, ship it.

Otherwise, he should have read before buying. And if the listing he purchased from says no box, then you're not obligated to send him one. =)

^^ I agree. He won the new auction, not the previous one. The listing said no box, so no box...unless he wants to pay to ship it. He might try to file a claim, but one would hope that you'd win since the auction clearly stated the box wouldn't be included...

OMG, he gets what he bid on and won - THE BAG!
I'd tell him exactly that - and quote him a shipping price for a big empty box.
If he still doesn't understand, remind him the first Ebay listing which ended without him winning/bidding had pricing for shipping with a box and without a box.
AND, he paid nothing for shipping, which is what he bid on - WHAT A SAVINGS!