Help with Bonanzle/eBay confusion?

I don't think you'll get in trouble but to avoid a headache and a negative I'd just send him the box.

I have to say I agree with poopsie2 here... I just don't think Bonanzle negatives carry the same weight as eBay negatives. JMHO.

I really hope OP doesn't let this PITA buyer get his way... some of these buyer horror stories have just gotten so out of hand lately.

^^ I agree. He won the new auction, not the previous one. The listing said no box, so no box...unless he wants to pay to ship it. He might try to file a claim, but one would hope that you'd win since the auction clearly stated the box wouldn't be included...

OP would win, because it was not an eBay transaction, and therefore would be a Paypal "complaint" process. OP can close this "complaint" at any time, because the complaint was not an INR claim. There is a link somewhere here... I'll try to dig it up & post it.

ETA: Found it! Courtesy of Ellie Mae's Yoda-ness

Paragraph 13.5 the BUYER COMPLAINT POLICY https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&...20for Buyers. One can only escalate INR complaints for off-eBay transactions (this includes Bonanzle transactions)

13.5 PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy

What is the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy? It is PayPal’s process to help you resolve a problem directly with the seller through the PayPal Resolution Center for purchases that are not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy is similar to PayPal Buyer Protection in that it enables buyers to file Disputes for Items Not Received (INR), or for items that are Significantly Not as Described (SNAD). By filing a Dispute, you can communicate with the seller and attempt to resolve the problem. If you are unable to resolve the problem, you may escalate an Item Not Received (INR) Dispute to a Claim – but you may not escalate a Significantly Not as Described Dispute to a Claim.You may not file a dispute for a Personal Payment.

[...]

What happens if I am unable to resolve the Dispute directly with the seller? You may escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days of the date you filed the Dispute. PayPal will make a final decision for some - but not all - Claims. You should not escalate a Dispute for Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) to a Claim because PayPal will not make a decision on a SNAD Claim under the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy.

Last edited:
I had an interested buyer who missed the auction on eBay the first time.

so instead, he found my Bonanzle listing, and bought the bag via the BIN option on Bonanzle.

so i shipped it.

So my question is, what happens from here? Could he file a claim or dispute against me?

any help would be appreciated.

There is no such thing as a SNAD dispite on Bonanzle. He may leave you a negative and that's all he can do. (I am assuming he won't do a chargeback over a missing box).

You can offer to ship him the box for a fee. If I were you I'd be extra-polite and nice to him. He is wrong but nobody likes to be disappointed.

p-WA