Help with Birkin Leather

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #46 Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009

I had the same feeling---two different bags..............................the (overexposed picture)bright green one in the first post just is not the same bag as this last pic. dont quite understand why all the pics are so different so i am excusing myself from this...................

2. #47 Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    I have a vert ardennes kelly.....the grain definitely looks a bit different from this beauty, james. The process flattens the grain slightly in ardennes, and from your closeups, I think the grain is a bit deep for what I know of ardennes in my bag, which is in a similar color.

[​IMG]

I would say clemence or fjord as well. My kelly is in the reference thread, if you would like to see it... I can shoot you some closeups if you like, too.

Either way, this is a lovely bag, and it looks like you are all having a good time together!

Please let us know what Claude says. I am really thinking fjord....

3. They are all the same bag, they were just all taken in different lighting (with and without flash). I believe the last set of pics are the most accurate.

4. james, i edited my post after you posted, added the pic and want to make sure you see that you can PM me if you would like a closeup.

5. yeah the grain looks a little different I believe. Maybe ill send it to the spa while Im there...

6. interesting:smile: