Help with Birkin Leather

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    Im sure the experts here can help me. I looked through the reference guide, but some of the leathers are really close and I couldnt be 100%. I was thinking that this is either fjord, clemence, or togo... can anybody give me a definite answer on what kind of leather it is? Thanks in advance.

One

Two

2. I would say Togo

[​IMG]

3. I would say taurillon (clemence)

[​IMG]

4. No Togo....

The second one could be Taurillon, I agree with Costa.

The fisrt one, I really don't know.... would need a close up picture.

5. Theyre actually the same bag, but its just different lighting. I couldnt find a close-up pic. Its actually my girlfriends bag, she bought it at Fisch for the Hip in New York. We were trying to find out what kind of leather it is, just out of curiosity.

6. if it's the same bag it's Taurillon to me:yes:

7. #7 Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    Wow Perlerare, I'm impressed!

8. Agree, most likely taurillon clemence.

9. Agreed ! Taurillon Clemence ....

10. Thanks so much guys :smile:

11. i really think it is Ardennes but the date stamp would help

12. D in a square and 34 next to it.

13. could easily be ardennes. that green is an older color. a great color but hasnt been made for a while. D is 2000 I believe.

14. its beautiful

15. It looks a little too squishy to me to be ardennes but I thought of it...
    My "E" clemence looks very similar to the first photo...but the 2nd photo looks more classically clemence for a bag that has been used and not babied. But I haven't seen clemence in that older green so I agree it could be ardennes. Post a close up showing the texture of the leather?