Help with best H leather for white/cream

Summerof89

O.G.
Jan 30, 2013
May I ask for a little help in relation to leather knowledge, I’m not sure if this has been posted elsewhere if it has please direct me to it.

I want a bag in white/cream, what is the best leather (eg. Evercolor, Togo, Epsom, ostrich ETC.) for this kind of colour in terms of maintenance and cleaning? Initially I thought perhaps it’s Epsom but I have noticed that the little pebbles on the surface of my Epsom kelly appears darker than before although I’m not sure if it’s dirt or my imagination.

Thank you so much everyone.

Reactions: louise_elouise
I own a few Craie bags in Epsom, Swift, Togo, and Clémence. My favorite is Swift given its smooth and buttery texture. It looks very delicate but yet it isn’t as scratch-prone as Epsom. I don’t observe much pebbles on my Craie Epsom bags but I do find the Togo and Clémence ones look dirtier than the others especially the Clémence. The clémence one looks soooo dull that I ended up selling it. I don’t have any special care tips abt cream color bags as I’m a lazy person but I do make sure I’m not wearing denim outfit or throw my bag around on days with a light color bag. I personally prefer cream over white as it looks less obvious when the bag gets old or the color is turning yellow. HTH!

I like white bags and I own several. I also own a Kelly long wallet in white to use in the evening as a clutch. The leathers I have are Epsom, Clemence and Swift. I am careful user of my bags and they look good.
I find the leather that stays the whitest is Epsom. And it is easier to wipe down. Followed by Clemence and then Swift. Swift in white is not bright white.

My only experience with Epsom is my belt which is etoupe on the Epsom side (so not particularly light) and noir Swift the other. It showed colour transfer on the Epsom very very quickly where it touches the black swift in use. Nothing I tried even remotely removed it so I’d be hesitant to purchase a light coloured Epsom bag personally unless you are very careful with it.

May I know what leather cream or wet wipes I can use with craie or beton bags? Craie in Clemence and epsom, beton in swift and Togo. I no longer own these bags as I didn’t know how to care for them. But sigh I miss them and wish I knew how to clean them back then. Thank you!

Following, I would like to know this too! I just bought a toolbox, in Craie swift. I would love to know how to take care of her! Which wipes to use?!
TIA!! ❤️