Help with Bayswater SS decision

redonion

Jan 4, 2013
Hello :wave:- hoping for some help from those who know the Bayswaters.

Wheelers has 2 Bayswaters in Black silky snake which I am thinking about. However one is the current SS Nappa with gold hardware etc and according to the assistant feels smooth. (Code HH1404/030A100)

The other, although labelled as Bayswater SS (same price) has a different code number (HH1336/778A100), has a gold lock that has a scales pattern on it and the leather apparently feels rougher ie you can feel the 'scales'. Didn't say what the leather was - but presumably not nappa. I've put the code into Google and the answers are all ??Chinese. Has anyone seen one of these? The assistant said it might be one of the "Cruise ranges"? :confused1:

I'm thinking the first one (have tonight to think about it) but just wondered what you think and why there are two similar models?

Thanks for any help.

Add: Have found a picture of what I think is the second one:
http://www.fashiolista.com/item/8170223/

Last edited:
The Nappa one is current season and is on mulberry.com, it has large cut scales. If the one in the pic is the other one I think that is the season just finished which went into the sale so I'm confused that they would be the same price

Thank you Smally,
Yes that's why phoned Wheelers - but was not expecting them to say there were two, let alone different ones.
So you think the second one was last season? I shall look to see if anyone has posted pictures - perhaps in a different colour. Am quite new to Mulberrys.

I would think the "scales" on the lock is a bit different - but was not sure after the assistant said the leather felt rough and thought it would catch. Sooo difficult when you can't see the item yourself.

Thank you Smally,
Yes that's why phoned Wheelers - but was not expecting them to say there were two, let alone different ones.
So you think the second one was last season? I shall look to see if anyone has posted pictures - perhaps in a different colour. Am quite new to Mulberrys.

I would think the "scales" on the lock is a bit different - but was not sure after the assistant said the leather felt rough and thought it would catch. Sooo difficult when you can't see the item yourself.

I have the ss alexa in the rough leather that the sa described and i love it, it looks worth every penny and i plan to be careful with it to reduce any damage to the leather I wouldnt let it put you off buying it. Its a stunning bag at a fab price which i imagine you would be careful with just like any other mulb bag :smile:

I have the ss alexa in the rough leather that the sa described and i love it, it looks worth every penny and i plan to be careful with it to reduce any damage to the leather I wouldnt let it put you off buying it. Its a stunning bag at a fab price which i imagine you would be careful with just like any other mulb bag :smile:
Thank you MulberryForbes.
Has your Lexie got the snake pattern on the lock too?