Help with appia vs brick

Dec 27, 2007
Hi, I bought an appia veneta last year and loved the versatility of the colour - sadly I no longer have (long sad story-house break in!!) anyhow, I have tracked down a veneta in brick...how similar is it, I found appia was a year round colour, is brick. its just hard for me as I've never seen it and only got a few hours to make up my mind. thank you in advance.

Hi, I bought an appia veneta last year and loved the versatility of the colour - sadly I no longer have (long sad story-house break in!!) anyhow, I have tracked down a veneta in brick...how similar is it, I found appia was a year round colour, is brick. its just hard for me as I've never seen it and only got a few hours to make up my mind. thank you in advance.
Appia has a rose color background, Brick has a brown-red color background.

In Cervo it's definitely a rust color. In Nappa, I found it to be more dusty in nature. A dusty rust.

Did Appia have a more grey hue? Because Brique would be more brown based.

thank you...so sad to have lost my appia...and just cant find another one hence thinking of the brick. its the large veneta i'm after... but might have to settle for the brick.

In Cervo it's definitely a rust color. In Nappa, I found it to be more dusty in nature. A dusty rust.

Did Appia have a more grey hue? Because Brique would be more brown based.

thank you...so sad to have lost my appia...and just cant find another one hence thinking of the brick. its the large veneta i'm after... but might have to settle for the brick.
Griet, that's a good description - grey = blue = rosy = NOT brown. "dusty rust" = perfect to describe Brick.

iwant, please don't settle - I know many of us here have tried to 'settle', and ultimately we weren't happy and went back to what we really wanted.

Griet, that's a good description - grey = blue = rosy = NOT brown. "dusty rust" = perfect to describe Brick.

iwant, please don't settle - I know many of us here have tried to 'settle', and ultimately we weren't happy and went back to what we really wanted.
thanks again so much for your expertise....so do you think the appia would be more versatile than brick? but then again...cant find appia and have found brick in outlet (although I think its expensive)

thanks again so much for your expertise....so do you think the appia would be more versatile than brick? but then again...cant find appia and have found brick in outlet (although I think its expensive)
Both colorways would be a neutral, in my mind - I've had both colors, Appia in a Veneta, and Brick (Brique?) in a small cosmetic case - I returned the Brick and got the small case in Appia, because I like rose shades better than brown ones...

I'm wondering if Brique in Nappa might be more versatile than Appia, actually. I say this because Appia while very pretty, was still fairly light and didn't seem to have as much depth and warmth as might be needed for the darker hues of winter. This is very much my own opinion.

But here's the thing. You saw Brique and you didn't buy it. It didn't speak to you and for this price point, it needs to speak to you! So pass!

I would write BV Bags and Love That Bag (both are on Malleries) and see if one of their clients might have an Appia to sell. I'd also check in with Luxury Bond--she gets some real scores now and then!

I'm wondering if Brique in Nappa might be more versatile than Appia, actually. I say this because Appia while very pretty, was still fairly light and didn't seem to have as much depth and warmth as might be needed for the darker hues of winter. This is very much my own opinion.

But here's the thing. You saw Brique and you didn't buy it. It didn't speak to you and for this price point, it needs to speak to you! So pass!

I would write BV Bags and Love That Bag (both are on Malleries) and see if one of their clients might have an Appia to sell. I'd also check in with Luxury Bond--she gets some real scores now and then!
thank you so much... I will take your advise.