Help with an older Lily

pillerih

May 12, 2016
I recently got a preloved deer brown Lily and absolutely love it :heart: I was wondering about one thing, though: does the leather smell fade away as time goes by? My other Mulberry items are fairly new and have that gorgeous leather smell but this one doesn't. I have also gotten rid of all my other older leather bags so I have absolutely no reference on any kind of older leather bags at the moment! The bag does have some wear you'd expect (fob inprint on the suede etc) plus the hardware has similar weight to it as my other Mulbabies, so I'm fairly sure it's the real deal.

Also, would anyone be able to help with reference pics for the horseshoe fob? I tried looking around but none of them really show the keyring (and the Mulberry stamping...). Thanks for all your help! :heart:

I recently got a preloved deer brown Lily and absolutely love it :heart: I was wondering about one thing, though: does the leather smell fade away as time goes by? My other Mulberry items are fairly new and have that gorgeous leather smell but this one doesn't. I have also gotten rid of all my other older leather bags so I have absolutely no reference on any kind of older leather bags at the moment! The bag does have some wear you'd expect (fob inprint on the suede etc) plus the hardware has similar weight to it as my other Mulbabies, so I'm fairly sure it's the real deal.

Also, would anyone be able to help with reference pics for the horseshoe fob? I tried looking around but none of them really show the keyring (and the Mulberry stamping...). Thanks for all your help! :heart:

Hi, I have a reg lily is Deer brown. I'm not sure about the smell, I purchased from new. Happy to take some pics, do u just want pics of fob and horse shoe?

I'm guessing glossy goat or grainy print leather, I've had both leathers and I don't think I could smell the leather as strongly as some others.

If in doubt about authenticity, there's a thread over in the shopping pages where the lovely ladies will help

Thanks for the replies! :smile: Yes, I was looking around for pictures of the fob and horseshoe (back and front, stamping, rings). The care card says my bag is grainy print so I'm not sure when it was produced, guessing 2013-2014ish? It came with the gray dustbag and the care card doesn't have rounded edges.

Is there an authentication thread for already bought items? I had a look at the authentication thread and it's for public actions only so I can't post there :-s

Thanks for the replies! :smile: Yes, I was looking around for pictures of the fob and horseshoe (back and front, stamping, rings). The care card says my bag is grainy print so I'm not sure when it was produced, guessing 2013-2014ish? It came with the gray dustbag and the care card doesn't have rounded edges.

Is there an authentication thread for already bought items? I had a look at the authentication thread and it's for public actions only so I can't post there :-s

I think my SDR grainy print was from 2012/13, it's quite a hardy leather and softens quite a bit with use, so I'd suggest a liner. Lord Sheraton wipes are great for cleaning and use collonil waterstop spray for protection

The authentication thread is for live/completed eBay etc auctions.

You will need to pay for a professional service such a authenticate4u (Google them) and I think their email service starts from under £10

If this helps at all, this is what grainy print looks like

IMG_1483083667.519115.jpg