help with a tote decision

megs0927

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
I am so excited new tote and need some help deciding between the Gucci New Britt large tote or the LV Neverfull.
My last bag was a Damier Speedy 30 so I am leaning more toward the Gucci. It will be my first Gucci bag :smile:
Any suggestions or other Guccis I should look at? Are Guccis as durable as LV canvas?

ok i think i have decided on the new britt tote :smile: everyone needs a gucci, right?
any thoughts over the medium or large? i am 5'6 and generally carry a lot of stuff. i prefer the large tote but due to the thin straps i might not overload the medium bag like i would the large.

Great choice, I don't own this bag, but I think the medium is better for you because of the thin straps. The large is huge! The new Britt is open at the top, so you can stuff quite a lot of stuff in there. Gucci canvas is fabric, LV's canvas is coated fabric, so definitely LV coated canvas will be more durable, however, I find that Gucci's fabric stands up to wear and tear quite well. If you're worried about fraying fabric, I suggest the Joy tote (it's coated canvas: http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/spring-summer-08/handbags/#0-159489-197953FCIMG9061). Good luck on your choice! And yes, everyone needs a Gucci!

Anything from the Abbey line is also a great choice, I especially like the Abbey shoulder. The Joliecoeur is also a great choice if you like totes.

ok so I decided on the new britt large. i went to saks today and saw the medium and it was REALLY small. they don't sell the new britt large at saks so i ordered it through gucci.com

will post pics when it comes in! i can't wait!:woohoo: