Help with a fake claim!

nycdiva

O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
I sold a pair of Christian Louboutins on ebay. The buyer now has remorse and does not like the shoes. Here is her message to me:

"hi i got the shoes today i dont like them at all the glitter is coming off thay look used and thay look fake the red on the botton ant bright enought so let me no if not ill call paypal thanks "

These shoes are at least three years old so I don't have the receipt anymore. They are authentic and I said I did not accept returns. The listing mentioned that there were minor imperfections on the shoes, and I took a lot of pictures and even offered to email her more if necessary.

I have never had this happen. I am afraid she will keep the real shoes and send me fakes. Please help me I have no idea how to deal with this

It sounds to me like she's going to file a SNAD case against you (claiming that the shoes were no as described). Stay professional in all of your communications with her. If you don't want to accept her return (and risk her sending you fakes), then you might want to offer her a partial refund, have her keep the shoes, and hope that she goes away.

sounds like she might file a snad... communicate with her in a professional

and unemotional way... she might be testing the water for a " partial refund"

let her lead the way.... just remain calm and don't answer her immediately.

but think before you answer her...and good luck to you...

the listing mentioned there were "minor imperfections" on the shoes..

what may be minor to one could be major to someone else.. claiming they are

fake is a whole other story... imperfections can now mean fakes???

Ok first off she can't even spell "they," buy I digress.

OP I'm so sorry, I really am. These types of buyers seem rampant these days.

I would call Paypal and inform them of the situation. I know you mentioned that you don't have the original receipts to back your story, but the buyer shouldn't be able to prove they're not authentic either. So the buyer shouldn't necessarily automatically win the case should she file a dispute. I would definitely try to communicate with her in a professional manner, but try to be reassuring as well as to the authenticity of the item.

She has good feedback. When I asked her to pay for the shoes 2 days after the auction ended she said she had to wait for a check to clear. To me it sounds like she can't afford the shoes and had buyers remorse. The shoes are authentic, and new but not in perfect condition. I also had many pictures of the imperfections in the photobucket album.
When people file a SNAD do they always win? It just sounds like she doesn't like the shoe. I would take a return, but I really don't trust I will get the shoes I sent her back. How do sellers do this? I am so stressed out right now. The shoes cost 800$, and I already sold them for much less. So I'm out 800$ and a pair of shoes at the moment.

^I'm going through this BS right now too. I sold a $1500 dress (new with tags and in perfect condition). She claimed the dress was defective, filed a case, and I've been told that the buyer almost always wins. She returned the dress to me (it had a stain on the front, smelled like perfume, and she removed the tags and then re-sewed them back on the dress). The bottom line is that my dress was probably her rental company because more than likely, she wore the dress and has the ability to return it for a full refund. I doubt that I will ever sell on EBay again....
Oh, and if anyone is interested, block buyer ondina1026 and save yourself the headache.

I can't believe you went through this. I just removed my bank account from paypal. I am so done with ebay. I sold some shoes via craigslist which is great because its cash and carry, no return, no fees.

It sounds to me like she's going to file a SNAD case against you (claiming that the shoes were no as described). Stay professional in all of your communications with her. If you don't want to accept her return (and risk her sending you fakes), then you might want to offer her a partial refund, have her keep the shoes, and hope that she goes away.

Does SNAD for Sale Not as Described or Shoes Not as Described...etc.????

Ugh, sorry to hear that!

I've been on the buyer's end a few years ago with some shoes I bought that a dog chewed on (I posted about it on here even). eBay sided with the seller because a) they were listed as pre-owned and b) the listing said all sales were final. It seems that those two conditions are when eBay sides with the seller instead of the buyer. It's much harder for the seller to win if the item is new.

Blackbird, I wish I had known that i would have listed them as preowned. Ugh I am so annoyed. They have been sitting in my closet for 3+ years, and I lost money on them.
If I accept a return and she returns a different pair of shoes to me is there anything I can do?