Help with a BV sandal

Baggiana

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
I have a beautiful pair of copper snake sandals sitting in their box - that I cannot wear... the back slips off, and makes walking near impossible. That experience taught me a lesson - try them on or at least ask first. I need your help. :flowers:

I am not near a boutique and cannot try on these sandals. They will not be returnable. Does anyone have these or has anyone tried them on? Do they run true to size? Do they fit? Does the back stay on or slip off? Are they comfortable? TIA!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• vachette sandal.jpeg
    vachette sandal.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 441
That style should not slip off your heel because the back is wide and you have those two pieces of leather holding it up on the front edge of your heel. If they're too big you could walk out of them but they shouldn't slip off like a sling style would.

I'd call a boutique and ask if anyone is near your size foot and have them try them on for how they're running if nobody here has them. I do that all the time with shoes and clothing. Has worked for me every time.

Good luck!

Oh darn wished I had tried these on at the boutique this afternoon!!! I thought about it for a moment but got caught up in the other sandal I am getting... I did have to go up a size even though my BV flats are true to size...

Thanks BL - great idea!!! I will call NYC tomorrow and ask if anyone can try these on and give me info.

They are cute, Grandmommie... and if they work, could be my go-to sandals. I adore the sandals that you got... but neither will be on sale, and I am already buying another pair that is not on sale. For me that is always the way it works, but better to get exactly what I want than settle for something I am not crazy about.

LT, I have several pairs of BV sandals and to date, all have run true to size, if not a little tiny bit large... which sandal did you get???

I have always had a problem with the sizing of BV shoes. I find that they don't always run true to size. There were these ayers shoes from 2009 curise I think. They were mulitcolred. You had to go up about a whole size to fit them. Also from the winter collection this year the booties. Had to go up a whole size possibly sometimes a size and half.

In flats, I always wear 38.5-39. But in sandals, they seem to be all over the map. Sometimes a 39 works, other times a 40. The thong types are ones I always have to size up because the thong strap is so far back, making the sandal fit short. Which copper ones do you have and it what size? I can tell you by comparison if I would have had to size up.

At B's suggestion, I just called Kalakaua and spoke with a wonderful SA who wears a similar size. She told me that they are true to size and snug... and because they are vachette will be stiff until they break in. I am keeping my fingers crossed because they really appeal to me in the pics. Thanks, BL!!! :hugs:

LT - love them! If I did not have so many black sandals... and I need something in brown.
I have another vachette sandal - empire, azzenzio, lagoon & nero with the weave impressed on the footbed and is a real fav or me... they go with everything and are sized true to sz (at least for 35.5 - if not a little long and the strap needing the tightest hole). I love the colors!

jburgh - see picture below. The length is correct, but the strap slips off my heals and makes walking near impossible. Others who bought them noted the same difficulty and mentioned how uncomfortable the are. They are gorgeous - if only I could actually wear them!

Attachments

• Cu-Ayers-sandals.png
    Cu-Ayers-sandals.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 104
Glad you had success Baggiana :tup: I always find it helps to have someone close to your size because things sometimes happen between say a 6.5 like I am and someone who wears a 9-10 trying them on. Hope they work for you.

Here's my thoughts on the ones you have IF they are completely unwearable.......take them to a master cobbler and see if they can take the strap out of both sides of the sole and cut it off and attach it into the sole up front near your arch to match the other side so they end up being a flat slide or slip on. This is a pretty easy job for a good cobbler. I've done this with heeled slings before because they won't stay on my heel either. I have them completely take the sling strap off and make them slides. Even did it with a pair of Louboutin's and I knew I was going to do it when I bought them because I loved the front so much.

If this doesn't make sense I can always draw you a picture, literally. :biggrin: It's a shame not to be able to wear those beautiful sandals.

I love the sandals and was looking at them on line. However, I have a problem if the opening in the toe area is too wide - my foot slides right through.

I love the ones LT got too but I have so many black sandals that I don't NEED another one :smile: Want is a different story :smile:

I guess it is too late but I tried these sandals earlier today and while the straps are wide in the back, they keep slipping off when I walk which was quite surprising. Then again, I realize all our feet are shaped differently so if the SA in Kalakaua didn't have an issue then you should have no problem. It looks really nice though.

I also wanted your other sandal - the Empire/Assenzio/Lagoon/Nero combo but it's all sold out in HK. Plus for some reason, it's not part of the sale.

^Well, that makes me nervous, TDL... so I will keep my fingers and toes crossed... I will know by early next week. The others were not on sale and are terrific! Can you order from Hawaii? On second thought, it might not be a good idea to order without trying - note to self!

^Well, that makes me nervous, TDL... so I will keep my fingers and toes crossed... I will know by early next week. The others were not on sale and are terrific! Can you order from Hawaii? On second thought, it might not be a good idea to order without trying - note to self!

i tried these on today on your behalf. found the leather a little stiff and for my feet uncomfortable. however, i think they would soften with wear. did not feel that the back strap would come off. i tried a 36 - sometimes i am a 36 and sometimes a 36.5 in BV heels - and these flates were a little small, so i think 36.5 would have worked.

hope these work for you!