HELP. will Gucci store prove my bag is fake

viola558

Apr 22, 2008
Hello everyone,
i'm new here, i need help.
i bouought a Gucci bag from ebay...(will never do it again) for mother's day present, the seller claim it was authentic bag but the one i received clearly was fake,
the style i bought was britt style #16997,
the reason i claim it was fake because the photo he posted has longer with triangular zipper top, but the one i recieved are with shorter and square top. Furthermore, i have purchased a Gucci handbag from the store before and the back of the controllato card was blank. the one i received has sticker on the back, and when we saw this britt style #16997 handbag in the Gucci store it has 5 studs on the bottom. and the bag we received only has 4 studs,
i open dispute with paypal, because the seller wouldn't reponse, but seems like paypal will want a proof, can i take my fake bag to Gucci store, will they prove it for me, is there a charge for doing that,
i really need the money back so i can go to the gucci store to get her a real bag,
HELP ME OUT. thanks.

No, Gucci store will not give you any written proof. You need to contact an independant authenticator to get the letter of non-authenticity. Paypal usually gives you 7 to 10 days to get it.

I'd suggest you to do the followings:

1) Save a copy of the ebay listing
2) Take pictures of the fake bag, you will need them to send to the authenticator
3) Keep all emails on the Paypal dispute page

My list of recommended authenticators are:

1) Castira.com
2) Authentic-Luxury.com
3) Caroldiva.com

They charge different prices, so contact them for an idea NOW. Good luck.

Could this be more of receiving an item which was not as described? Did he really post pictures of an authentic bag and them send you a fake? Or did he use a stock photo? I think it's a little different, maybe you could fight the fact it wasn't as described instead of receiving a non-authentic bag? See about that first because either way the bag is fake as well as not as described!!
Ugh!! I'm so sorry this happened to you :sad: