Help! Why don't I like my Manhattan GM?????

marchgirl83

LV warms the cockles
Jan 28, 2007
Hi everyone! I'm new to the purse forum and the LV forum too! I went into LV and initally decided on the monogram speedy 30. I wasn't THRILLED with it but I really kinda liked it (I guess I just didn't iike how spanking new it looked).

Anyways, I kept eyeing the Manhattan GM...so after I purchased the speedy (before leaving the store), I decided to switch for the Manhattan.

Now I'm thinking I regret my decision, but i'm not sure!! After looking at the celebrity thread, I starting really liking the way the speedy looks after it gets a little worn. Not too many celebs have the manhattan and sometimes when I carry it I feel like it's too big or it's too old-lady...am i wrong??

I also bought the pochette wallet which i LOVE, but it's the bag that i'm not so hot about...

anyways your advice would be MUCH appreciated...am i nuts or is the speedy really better??

That's a hard one. I really wanted the manhattan GM and I loved it for awhile, but haven't used it for a long time now. It can be heavy and the buckle awkward, but I would wait a few days...and 'play' a couple of days...then see what you think.

BTW: welcome :smile:

Hi & welcome. Truthfully I prefer the Speedy. You don't appear to be happy with Manhattan so change it while you can. You will never go wrong with Speedy. Personally i don't like the Manhattan, I ordered it when it first came out, campaign bag & all that but I sold it & I just adore all of my Speedy 30s, would never part with them!

I'm sorry to hear that your not happy with your bag. The Manhattan GM is by far, one of my favorite bags from Louis Vuitton. There's even a thread with celebrities and their Manhattan GM's. But if your not happy with it, go for the speedy! It is an excellent bag, versitle, and a basic bag from Louis Vuitton that everyone has and they love it.

Awww...too bad that you don't like the Manhattan GM. I happen to love that bag, don't have it yet, but plan to purchase in the future. Speedy is also a very nice bag --- just get what you really love and you'll be happy. Good luck with your decision!

Welcome to tPF!

I really LOVE the Manhattan GM! It's weird for me because I am opting for more logo-less bags nowadays but I was looking at the GM online a few nights ago and I think I may just get one.

It's up to you though, keep us posted!

I would switch to the mono speedy. That is what you originally purchased when you went into LV and its always good to stick with your gut instinct. The speedy is so classic and versatile. A great first LV bag to own. Later on down the line you can also buy the GM. Its up to you though..I would not recommend making your decision on what the celebs are carrying in their photos or what other people are getting..just go with you gut!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!!

i find the speedy to be a very practical, everyday kind of bag. the manhattan is very pretty but if you're not feeling it (the bag is just too expensive to just sit in the closet)- then why don't you return it and get the bag that you really want? easier said than done, i know. good luck! let us know what you decide.

Welcome!!! Between the two, i'd go w/speedy as my first LV, both are awsome LV statement bags, but Speedy is lighter in weight, so your arm/hand won't be as tire as if you were carrying GM w/same stuff in it, KWIM?

I love the manhattan but heard that both the pm and the gm get very heavy and often tip over because of the hardware in the front. i still want the pm but i think i'd worry about the hardware scratching. i love a speedy though (i have 4!). it's really what you think you'd feel better using!

Perhaps the bag is either too big for your or too heavy.
The Manhattan weighs enjoy on its own compared to the speedy.

If you're not happy with it you should return it. Its a little too mcu money to spend on something you're not happy with.