Help! White dots on my new red flap.

Jun 27, 2006
I just bought this flap today and noticed these tiny white spots on the back of my bag when I took it outside my house. It's not noticeable indoors but under the light you can see it. There were also a few loose threads on the edges.

Has anyone experience this before?:sad:

Attachments

• chanel1.jpg
    chanel1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 720
i have a 12A on the way so i can't say for sure, but the white dots do look excessive. i've seen small dots on the leather in the past (esp the beige ones), but it was only 1 or 2 dots and they were really small.

I just bought this flap today and noticed these tiny white spots on the back of my bag when I took it outside my house. It's not noticeable indoors but under the light you can see it. There were also a few loose threads on the edges.

Has anyone experience this before?:sad:

I'm not quite sure what that is....I will take mine out in the:sunshine: tomorrow and double check for you! I would consider doing an exchange, especially if loose threads:shucks:

I'm not quite sure what that is....I will take mine out in the:sunshine: tomorrow and double check for you! I would consider doing an exchange, especially if loose threads:shucks:

I hope this is just an isolated case. Maybe I'm just too detailed.

On the bright side I reserved a red mini from Joseph and he said the shipment should arrive soon. Maybe I should just exchange it for that. What's the return policy at BG?

Attachments

• chanel2.jpg
    chanel2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 468
My jumbo last year had a big loose thread on the flap edge. I was told not to worry and bring it in to get looked at. when I did, my SA wasn't there. They were to look for eval and then we were going to decide what to do. Long story short, she took scissors to it. I about died. I think I had an out of body experience. Conversation with manager later, they ordered me a new bag--which, for the record, took six months.

I would be more worried about the threads. They may run in the future.

You should be happy with your bag, ESP for the price.

My jumbo last year had a big loose thread on the flap edge. I was told not to worry and bring it in to get looked at. when I did, my SA wasn't there. They were to look for eval and then we were going to decide what to do. Long story short, she took scissors to it. I about died. I think I had an out of body experience. Conversation with manager later, they ordered me a new bag--which, for the record, took six months.

I would be more worried about the threads. They may run in the future.

You should be happy with your bag, ESP for the price.

I actually notice the thread at the store and one of the SA just said to cut it off. :faint:. I'm thinking of just exchanging it for the mini so I could wear it cross body.

i have a medallion tote that developed white dots...i never noticed them when the bag was new - i took it out one day & there were the tiny white specs - i've been meaning to take it to Chanel for evaluation ~ take your brand new baby back immediately!

i have a medallion tote that developed white dots...i never noticed them when the bag was new - i took it out one day & there were the tiny white specs - i've been meaning to take it to Chanel for evaluation ~ take your brand new baby back immediately!

I have other cavier flaps for years now and they're all in great condition. I'm just so upset since it's new. I hope you find a solution for your medallion.