Help! White dots on my new red flap.

Jun 27, 2006
I just bought this flap today and noticed these tiny white spots on the back of my bag when I took it outside my house. It's not noticeable indoors but under the light you can see it. There were also a few loose threads on the edges.

Has anyone experience this before?:sad:

Attachments

• chanel1.jpg
    chanel1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 720

kisenian

Jun 25, 2009
i have a 12A on the way so i can't say for sure, but the white dots do look excessive. i've seen small dots on the leather in the past (esp the beige ones), but it was only 1 or 2 dots and they were really small.

Pursebop

Feb 19, 2012
I just bought this flap today and noticed these tiny white spots on the back of my bag when I took it outside my house. It's not noticeable indoors but under the light you can see it. There were also a few loose threads on the edges.

Has anyone experience this before?:sad:

I'm not quite sure what that is....I will take mine out in the:sunshine: tomorrow and double check for you! I would consider doing an exchange, especially if loose threads:shucks:

Jun 27, 2006
I'm not quite sure what that is....I will take mine out in the:sunshine: tomorrow and double check for you! I would consider doing an exchange, especially if loose threads:shucks:

I hope this is just an isolated case. Maybe I'm just too detailed.

On the bright side I reserved a red mini from Joseph and he said the shipment should arrive soon. Maybe I should just exchange it for that. What's the return policy at BG?

Attachments

• chanel2.jpg
    chanel2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 468

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
My jumbo last year had a big loose thread on the flap edge. I was told not to worry and bring it in to get looked at. when I did, my SA wasn't there. They were to look for eval and then we were going to decide what to do. Long story short, she took scissors to it. I about died. I think I had an out of body experience. Conversation with manager later, they ordered me a new bag--which, for the record, took six months.

I would be more worried about the threads. They may run in the future.

You should be happy with your bag, ESP for the price.

Jun 27, 2006
My jumbo last year had a big loose thread on the flap edge. I was told not to worry and bring it in to get looked at. when I did, my SA wasn't there. They were to look for eval and then we were going to decide what to do. Long story short, she took scissors to it. I about died. I think I had an out of body experience. Conversation with manager later, they ordered me a new bag--which, for the record, took six months.

I would be more worried about the threads. They may run in the future.

You should be happy with your bag, ESP for the price.

I actually notice the thread at the store and one of the SA just said to cut it off. :faint:. I'm thinking of just exchanging it for the mini so I could wear it cross body.

joansie

Aug 30, 2007
i have a medallion tote that developed white dots...i never noticed them when the bag was new - i took it out one day & there were the tiny white specs - i've been meaning to take it to Chanel for evaluation ~ take your brand new baby back immediately!

Jun 27, 2006
i have a medallion tote that developed white dots...i never noticed them when the bag was new - i took it out one day & there were the tiny white specs - i've been meaning to take it to Chanel for evaluation ~ take your brand new baby back immediately!

I have other cavier flaps for years now and they're all in great condition. I'm just so upset since it's new. I hope you find a solution for your medallion.