Help which Since 1854 bag should I keep?

ElectricBoots

Jan 31, 2018
I love them both. I like the fact the the deauville mini has leather on the bottom so it just seems a little more durable in that regard. But I am not a mini bag person. I wish the the deauville was just an inch or two wider! I love the pochette metis as well and I think it fits my frame better (I usually fluctuate between a size 12 and 16 and currently definitely on the larger end of that scale). I am just worried about staining! What are your thoughts? I appreciate the help and input!

lv1.jpg

lv2.jpg

lv3.jpg

That is a tough one- they are both gorgeous. I would say follow your heart on this one- I can see a place for both in a collection. For me, the PM is a bit more practical and easier to access but the Deauville is so cute and on-trend. No bad choices here. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: ElectricBoots
How many other bags do you have? I ask only because in my collection, I do like to have a bag that I use only when I don't want to carry around as much as usual. In other words, are you able to keep the Deauville Mini and still have another everyday bag? I do love both, but I agree with you about the additional leather being nice. So, if it were me and I had other bags to carry around larger items, I would keep that Deauville. It looks very good on you, btw!

Reactions: ElectricBoots
How many other bags do you have? I ask only because in my collection, I do like to have a bag that I use only when I don't want to carry around as much as usual. In other words, are you able to keep the Deauville Mini and still have another everyday bag? I do love both, but I agree with you about the additional leather being nice. So, if it were me and I had other bags to carry around larger items, I would keep that Deauville. It looks very good on you, btw!
Thanks for your input. I have a good size collection a few totes, a clutch, a couple wocs, and a few midsize crosbody and shoulder bags. I dont really have any mini bags (other than wocs but i dont really consider them true bags because they hold maybe your phone cards and lipstick).

Reactions: LaDolceLaria
You dont think it is a good idea to protect from stains?
It can already stand if you’ll be caught in the rain. That won’t leave a mark, you can just wipe it off. If some ketchup or oil gets onto it… well, that is a good question. I don’t know the exact chemistry of these ‘guard’ products, but usually chemicals that are hydrophobic are not oleophobic and vica versa. So an oily or alcohol type of liquid can break them, just like they do with the classic Monogram canvas.
Some proofing techniques can do both, but they are mostly fine plastic based fumes applied to the material, and I doubt that the ‘guards’ are like them, since those cannot be applied at home (dangerous and needs industrial equipment).

Reactions: Raaz