Help. Which Prada?

APunk

Apr 15, 2008
HI, I'm new here. I'm having trouble deciding which Prada bag to buy, and I'm hoping you can help me chose.

eBay: http://tinyurl.com/57vo4p

Sabine's: http://tinyurl.com/64mrw5

I like both, but there are a few concerns.

1. I think I can trust Sabine's and am more comfortable regarding authenticity. Not so much with eBay. As I said I like both, so the idea of not spending as much on the eBay bag is enticing, but I run the risk of receiving a bogus bag.

2. Size! I would prefer the patent leather bag (@ Sabine's) in the smaller 15" size, and I'm worried tat 18" it way too big. However, the eBay size is exactly what I would like.

WWYD? Of course, authenticity is my greatest cncern.

Thanks for your help!

There is quite a price difference between the two. I would have to say that the second one is more appealing to me because it is leather. I am not a real fan of either though.

Good luck:smile:

^ $2200+ is still kind of steep for that style, don't you think? Have you checked bluefly? They have less online right now because I think they pulled some off for the 10% off sale... but they have gaufre bowlers there in black. No tax and $7.95 shipping. reputable seller too.

P.S. i like gaufre style (the ebay version) but prefer it in leather... if you go ebay route, make sure it is authenticated by the ladies at the authenticate this thread.

The one on ebay is a FAKE!!!:cursing:

Sabine is a lil' pricey..:sweatdrop:

try bluefly.com, i'm sure both will come up again (at very reasonable prices) after the tax relief sale ends. :tup:

Really!? Wow, thanks. Both are on Bluefly, but Sabine's new price (not listed on her site yet) is much less than Bluefly.

Thanks again.

Well between the chevron style (Sabines) and the gaufres (Bluefly), I'd choose the gaufre... i like chevron but i think gaufre is more beautiful. Good luck with your choice!

This seller sent answers to my questions and more pics after biscuiterie replied. WDYT?

http://tinyurl.com/57vo4p

Answer: "There is nothing on the big zipper, but the one inside the bag has the word "Lampo" stamp on the back of the zipper pocket."

Thanks again.

Attachments

• pic16.jpg
    pic16.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 91
  • pic17.jpg
    pic17.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 68
  • pic18.jpg
    pic18.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 71
the font on the description card is wrong, as is that of the authenticity card. the bar on top of the description can NEVER be green. It's almost common knowledge. Vela sport and tessuto will never appear simultaneously on the des. and authen. cards. Vela sport is mostly the classic nylon bags. whereas tessutto (tess) often appears when there's a leather version of the same bag. btw, the folding of the gauffree is totally off.

the font on the description card is wrong, as is that of the authenticity card. the bar on top of the description can NEVER be green. It's almost common knowledge. Vela sport and tessuto will never appear simultaneously on the des. and authen. cards. Vela sport is mostly the classic nylon bags. whereas tessutto (tess) often appears when there's a leather version of the same bag. btw, the folding of the gauffree is totally off.

Wow. Thanks. It appears I have a lot to learn! Maybe I should stick to buying my bags in the the stores!