HELP!! Which one to get? GG canvas w/bee OR soho disco?!

jes0912

O.G.
Jun 14, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advanced for your help! I'm looking to take the plunge on a new crossbody bag, and I've finally narrowed it down to 2...the Original GG Canvas crossbody with the bee or the black leather soho disco bag. I initially wanted the leather one more because it's a bit more classic and timeless, but had also seen one at a consignment store where the leather softened so much that the shape of the bag was compromised and looked kind of sloppy....has anyone had any experience with this?? I'm also torn because I've seen the classic canvas bee on someone and loved the look of it...do we think it's dated or that it will go out of style soon?

HELP!!! Love to hear your thoughts :smile: Thanks in advanced!! 308364_A7M0G_1000_001_080_0031_Light-Soho-leather-disco-bag.jpg 412008_KQWUE_4085_001_068_0000_Light-Original-GG-canvas-shoulder-bag.jpg

Reactions: CSG
Obviously someone had been overstuffing their Disco. You can prolong keeping the shape by using pouches or a small organiser. I have SD in suede and it's fine but I don't know if the suede is better than the leather in that respect because I don't have a leather to compare.

The bee is charming and has a vintage look to it.

I'd be really pleased to have either but I think I'd go for the SD if my only or first.

Obviously someone had been overstuffing their Disco. You can prolong keeping the shape by using pouches or a small organiser. I have SD in suede and it's fine but I don't know if the suede is better than the leather in that respect because I don't have a leather to compare.

The bee is charming and has a vintage look to it.

I'd be really pleased to have either but I think I'd go for the SD if my only or first.

I agree-- they probably weren't taking very good care of their disco. I've heard that the newer ones are made of a different leather that keep their shape more? Have you heard anything about this?

@jes0912 I have the Gucci Soho Disco Bag in Navy Blue, so I may not be impartial, but I do really feel that the Bee/GG canvas is too adorable to pass up! :amuse: Good luck on your decision and be happy with whichever you do pick because they're both excellent choices :smile:

IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG
Sorry i totally forgot to share...i ended up buying the GG canvas with the bee!
I just couldn't help myself! I was worried about the soho disco leather softening up and the bag losing it's shape over time, and the gg canvas has a stiffer leather on surrounding the canvas and i love the shape of the bag so i didn't want it to warp. I also find that i generally wear black, white, grey, camel...that this bag really popped when worn with neutral colours. Lastly..i kind of wanted something that was a bit more unique and special...the soho disco is such a popular style, and i was hoping for something a little "out of the ordinary"