Help! Which one should I get?

Feb 9, 2009
I've recently come to realize the classic appeal the YSL Easy has. I saw a few women in my city carrying them and they're the kind of bag I like: understated and classy. Too bad YSL has stopped producing this style! So I went to this shop that sells pre-loved bags as it's my only place of hope of ever finding an Easy.

And what do you know! They did have Easy's! One was black and the other a metallic bronze/gold, both in GM. Now I'm torn which one I should get.

Anyone out there willing to help me decide?😉ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411731961.299675.jpg

black is my favourite bag of all YSL I have.....YSL metallic is not really high quality finish and it looks very worn after a little while, as where black is forever, even though you might have some fading along the edges from rubbing, a bit of black leather cream is making it look brand new. Black bubbly leather has such a fine texture and shine to it that it is divine as it is

black is my favourite bag of all YSL I have.....YSL metallic is not really high quality finish and it looks very worn after a little while, as where black is forever, even though you might have some fading along the edges from rubbing, a bit of black leather cream is making it look brand new. Black bubbly leather has such a fine texture and shine to it that it is divine as it is
I agree.
Black. Timeless and wears well.

Thank you for sharing your insight, @vesna! I agree. Black is timeless indeed. You mentioned about bubbly leather. I have nothing against it but for me it's too textured, if you know what I mean. I would love a black Easy in a finer grain of leather.

About the metallic, I noticed that too. Some parts of the bronze Easy has its metallic sheen to it rubbed off. And as @MissTO said, it's looking quite green based on the pic. Not really a good look for a still expensive bag. It's still about $1000 for a pre-loved one!

I agree.
Black. Timeless and wears well.

True. Black is indeed timeless and wears very well, @tuowei. But I'm still waiting for the perfect everyday black bag and I realized too late that the Easy is that kind of bag! I never thought YSL would discontinue it so I got myself distracted with other brands. Now I'm wanting one and it's so hard to find! A black Easy in a grained calf skin would be perfect!

Thank you again @MissTO @vesna and @tuowei for your replies.

Just an update, another Easy is in the horizon for me. It's a black suede studded Easy.

Does anyone have this kid of bag? Or any kind of YSL bag in suede? I'm curious how it holds up in the long run and how is the maintenance. I've never owned suede before so I'm a little scared of bald spots, water stains and such.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411786274.974932.jpg

Thanks for replying @MissTo! I like the black one too. But I'm not so keen on the leather used in the Easy on the pic I attached above. It's too "bubbly" and raised. Is this a special kind of leather from YSL?
hi @divineprada

I have a givenchy pandora in bubbly leather which is less textured though, but it really wears great and is soooo durable! The finer the texture the easier you see scratches...but it depends on whether you want to use it as an every day bag or not?

The studded suede you posted would be too much for me! But it depends totally on your style..again suede is not easy and the colour fades much faster.

hi @divineprada

I have a givenchy pandora in bubbly leather which is less textured though, but it really wears great and is soooo durable! The finer the texture the easier you see scratches...but it depends on whether you want to use it as an every day bag or not?

The studded suede you posted would be too much for me! But it depends totally on your style..again suede is not easy and the colour fades much faster.

Thank you again for sharing your insights @MissTO. You've been really helpful.😊

You're right. The studded suede Easy will fade over time. I want a black bag that is both functional and stylish. So I browsed other YSL bags and cam across the Muse. Now I'm hitting myself why I never considered getting one before it was discontinued! My option now is to search sellers of pre-loved ones and I found some really great ones in still good condition. Now I'm just wondering if I should get a Medium or a Large? I'm 5'3", if that helps.

Thank you again for sharing your insights @MissTO. You've been really helpful.😊

You're right. The studded suede Easy will fade over time. I want a black bag that is both functional and stylish. So I browsed other YSL bags and cam across the Muse. Now I'm hitting myself why I never considered getting one before it was discontinued! My option now is to search sellers of pre-loved ones and I found some really great ones in still good condition. Now I'm just wondering if I should get a Medium or a Large? I'm 5'3", if that helps.
@divineprada I do like the Muse too, so sad some great bags get discontinued! Right!
I would go for the medium...the large does look large even on very tall people! But again depends on your liking :biggrin:

Go for the black easy. It's a classic color and easier to match. I would stick to the bubbly leather and stay away from suede since it's harder to maintain the bag.