Obsessionofbags

Mother of 2
Jun 16, 2012
Hi I thought i understood balenciaga bags I am so wrong,

I have the choice between
Giant city black in silver
Or
Giant city black in rosé gold

I rang up sa they said they ar no longer making them in rosé gold dose this mean I should get it or should I go with silver as its a classic

I wear white gold jewellery but the rosé looks rich

Please help

Pros and cons

Hi there,

I too have considered these two hardware finishes. I have both in Balenciaga bracelets. The silver is very bright and stands out against any dark colors. The rose gold has an aging put on it that diminishes the shine and makes it feel a bit antique looking. It isn't too pink that you would look weird with mixing the metals because of the aging. I like both and find that I reach for the silver when I want to be more outgoing and the rose gold when I feel more subdued.

Hope that helps.

I have seen both IRL and have to admit that with the Black City GSH, the only thing I saw was HUGE silver studs. Kind of overwhelms the black bag.

The RGGH will not be so overwhelming but you still have the studs. More balanced I think. Plus, the RGGH is quieter and won't clash with your white gold jewelry. I wear silver, gunmetal, bronzey, and pewter...all more silvery tone and I would choose the Black RGGH. Flash but not too much flash. KWIM?

Hi there,

I too have considered these two hardware finishes. I have both in Balenciaga bracelets. The silver is very bright and stands out against any dark colors. The rose gold has an aging put on it that diminishes the shine and makes it feel a bit antique looking. It isn't too pink that you would look weird with mixing the metals because of the aging. I like both and find that I reach for the silver when I want to be more outgoing and the rose gold when I feel more subdued.

Hope that helps.
Thank you

You have sort of helped , I don't know if its a good thing getting the rosé as they discontinued it ir getting silver as price increase cause they still make it
There both in sale you see

I do like to stand out but love classic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 662
I have seen both IRL and have to admit that with the Black City GSH, the only thing I saw was HUGE silver studs. Kind of overwhelms the black bag.

The RGGH will not be so overwhelming but you still have the studs. More balanced I think. Plus, the RGGH is quieter and won't clash with your white gold jewelry. I wear silver, gunmetal, bronzey, and pewter...all more silvery tone and I would choose the Black RGGH. Flash but not too much flash. KWIM?
Thank you. Need one more viote if anyone reading I asked my husband he said neither I said he had to choose he said. Rosé gold

Thank you

You have sort of helped , I don't know if its a good thing getting the rosé as they discontinued it ir getting silver as price increase cause they still make it
There both in sale you see

I do like to stand out but love classic

Hi, was wondering what you've decided to go for? I have a black giant city with silver hardware which I love and would recommend. Also, where have you seen Bals on sale? Thanks :smile:

Last edited: