help! which one? 2005 black or 2009 black?

mowzz

O.G.
Oct 19, 2007
I've had felt the 2005 leather in person and it is truly TDF!! and the color of course is in perfection and so yummy.

I have not, however, had the luck to see or feel a 2009 in person, the pictures of the black from this forum is amazing though.

Would you think the leather could be compared and if so, which one would you prefer more?

price wise the gentle-used-couple-times 2005 is going above retail (I have been stalking them...) and for 2009 I could just go to their official website and order one...

love to hear your options.

Thanks in advance!

i have both (05 black day and 09 black gsh work). go for the 05!

i was actually thinking about making a thread comparing 05 black and 09 black. i'll do that a little later today. :smile:

I have an '05 black WE and an '09 black PT. The '09 leather is nice enough, but it has little character...and I also prefer goat to lamb. But I would not buy an '05 bag if its condition was not at least excellent. I lucked out and found a new '05 WE...maybe you'll get lucky too!

Also, be on the lookout for '07 black. Also divine!

here are some comparison shots!

05 black day vs. 09 sgh black work

IMG_0709.jpg

05 on left, 09 on right

IMG_0708.jpg

from top to bottom: 07 steel, 09 black, 05 black

IMG_0736.jpg

07 steel on top, 05 black on left, 09 black on right
IMG_0712.jpg

Nice comparison pics Laura, thank you for sharing!

I have a 05 black city and now having a 09 black city on the way to me. I will post comparison pics when I get the new one. But I would say I would still love my 05 the best...