Help! Which Memphis Pouchette should I keep: Red or Purple?

goslim

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
So I've been looking everywhere for the Memphis Pouchette in the last month and came up with nothing. Then suddenly on Monday I saw them in red and purple online, and they were the only ones left! So I quickly purchased both of them, and they are on their way here....

Now, the problem is, I can only keep one, and I just can't decide which one I should keep. I love red, but I'm afraid the red would be too much with the quilts going on. I like the color combination on the purple one, but my DH hates purple and I just don't feel like wearing any bag that he won't like. =P So I'm torn between these two, and I haven't even received them yet! Haha.....

So I need your help....which one do you like better, the red or purple pouchette? TIA!

Attachments

• mempoured.jpg
    mempoured.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
  • mempoupurp.jpg
    mempoupurp.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 70
Hmmmm... it's a tough one. I would keep the purple because I just love the purple and yellow color combo. But I don't think the red one is "too much" in any way. If you think you won't carry the purple one because of DH, I see nothing wrong with the red. They're both beautiful :biggrin:

I havn't seen the red in person, but I have seen the purple. It's gorgeous!

Which one are you more drawn to? If it's the purple, would your DH be upset if you kept it? It's YOU that's using it anyways, not him! :biggrin:

I have the red which I really love and it's more beautiful IRL. I agree with iluvmybags about the colour combination of the purple. But you should be the better judge when you see both together IRL. So, good luck choosing!

WOw, you guys are great! Thanks for all the response!

I was leaning more towards the red at first, but that yellow gold accent on the purple is so georgeous....it does seem to overpower the purple color like iluvmybags said, but maybe in a good way? =P
But I know my DH would wince if he sees that purple clutch, so I'd probably be better off with the red one. And it seems most of you voted for the red one, too.

So how often do you get to use your red pouchette, coolmumof5? Do you think it could be more versatile than purple?