Help! Which LV bag to buy??!!!

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
Hi y'all! I'm new to this forum and hopefully will continue to contact you guys since y'all seem to be very helpful. I need your help in deciding which LV bag I should buy next month. I have my eyes on the Batignolles (that is, the smaller Vertical version), the Damier Papillon 30 or the Ribera MM. I love the lines of the Batignolles but not sure if the mono canvas is too "everyone has it, blends in" but yet I want it to be classy and go w/ everything. Not sure if the Damier will do the same? I don't want people to think I'm just rolling around w/ a fake but want a classic elegant yet chic bag to go w/ jeans or a night out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance! :smile:

I would definately go with the batignolles vertical, I love how it's modern looking, and trust me, ladies that know their bags will know it's real. With that being said, I also really like the ribera, especially the shape but it's a handheld or crook of the arm bag (which could get really tiring and numbing).. but damier you don't have to be as aware of, since it is weather proof and doesn't need to be babied like the vachetta on the classic monogrammed bags.I still like the batignolles better though.. :smile:

Yea, I have to agree w/ you on the Damier canvas but I tend to baby my LV monos in the 1st place so I don't think that would be a problem. Can you wear the smaller Vertical Batignolles over the shoulder? Are the straps long enough?

I have the Batignolles Horizontal and love it. It's a very classic, practical bag for work. The Vertical is very nice too. I like this bag a lot. If you're looking for a bag for going out and wearing with jeans, I'd might be inclined to go with the Damier papillon or Ribera. But if you want a bag that will look nice even while holding a lot of stuff, you can't beat the Batignolles.

I guess I'm looking for a bag that will work for both day and night. I don't go out a lot...actually come to think of it, it's almost non-existent:lol: . I pretty much want something that is classic, will never go out of style, clean lines and is still eye-catching. All I pretty much do is work, run errands and go to the gym anyway w/ the side jaunt to the museum or two.

jasanna143 said:
Yea, I have to agree w/ you on the Damier canvas but I tend to baby my LV monos in the 1st place so I don't think that would be a problem. Can you wear the smaller Vertical Batignolles over the shoulder? Are the straps long enough?

If you mean the regular batignolles (with no vertical or horizontal suffix), it cannot be worn over the shoulder.. unless you're shaped like Dakota Fanning.. :lol:

The batignolles vertical and horizontal however, can be !

Oh I'll be sure to! I might post them tomorrow to get everyone's opinion on it again since it's getting pretty late and I have to be up at 4:45am! Ouch!:cry:

ayla said:
If you mean the regular batignolles (with no vertical or horizontal suffix), it cannot be worn over the shoulder.. unless you're shaped like Dakota Fanning.. :lol:

The batignolles vertical and horizontal however, can be !

Hahaha! Uhhh, not quite thaaaat skinny! But yes, that was the one to which I was referring. I fear the vertical will be too big for me since I wouldn't carry that much to begin with. So is your opinion still on the Batignolles?

If you'd like something to go over your shoulder, but to be smaller than the batignolles vertical, I would highly suggest the popincourt haut. I don't really carry around a lot either (I usually use a pochette) and it doesn't lose it's shape from being mostly empty. I bought mine in the summer and I'm still so excited all the time about it ! :shame:

Its so hard to pick, Popincourt Haut is so nice. But that baby Batignolles is adorable. I know most of my bags fall of of my shoulder and I carry them anyway. I guess this is why it takes us so long to pick a bag. We analyze everything!

Have you tried them on, that would be most advisable, I really don't think that the Batignolles H and V are very big, especially as you can buckle the sides, and it's nice to have the option of making it bigger if needed. If it suits your lifestyle, (handheld bag only) then the little Batignolle may be OK. I personally prefer the Batignolle to the Popincourt style. Sigh, it is hard to choose, but LV is never disappointing! Good Luck

BagLovingMom said:
Have you tried them on, that would be most advisable, I really don't think that the Batignolles H and V are very big, especially as you can buckle the sides, and it's nice to have the option of making it bigger if needed. If it suits your lifestyle, (handheld bag only) then the little Batignolle may be OK. I personally prefer the Batignolle to the Popincourt style. Sigh, it is hard to choose, but LV is never disappointing! Good Luck

Thanks! :shame: I haven't tried them on yet but probably will do so in the next couple of weeks. You're right, it's sooo hard to choose but unfortunately I can't get them both!:sad: I'll keep you posted but sounds like the Batignolles is my front runner. (Biting nails)

Ok here are the bags that I'm thinking about purchasing but need help in purchasing just one (easier said than done). I couldn't get a pic of the Damier Papillon 30 but it's also included in my list of possibilities....

Attachments

• lv.jpg
    lv.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 583
  • lvb.jpg
    lvb.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 540
  • ribera.jpg
    ribera.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 881
Batignolle definately hand held and I found it difficult to put on your arm if you are wearing a coat, if it tips over in your car you are in trouble its shorter than the vertical with no closure of any kind. Batignolle vertical very nice shoulder and you can still carry it by hand if you have to. My favorite is my Damier papillon I can get it over my shoulder and I love the pattern but it isn't for everyone, that style has been carried for over 40 years. Damier satchel is nice but you can't get that on your shoulder either. They are all so different, if you are looking for long term I would go with the batignolle vertical if you tire of it as a bag it would be great to travel with.