help!! which gucci sukey to keep canvas or guccissima??

bella_sky

Nov 5, 2006
i everyone, i need some help deciding which medium sukey to keep. i ordered the sukey med. in gg canvas with pink trim from the gucci online presell. then just now, i ordered the guccissima leather sukey med in pink from neiman marcus. the bag will be ship out today and i might get it by tuesday or wednesday of next week.

now here's the hard part. which one do i keep?? i need to decide soon b/c i have 10 days to return the canvas one to the gucci store. i haven't seen the guccissima leather sukey in pink in real life so it's kind of hard to compare the two. any sugguestions are appreciated.
thanks again!

Last edited:
if you want something more durable so i highly recommend the sukey in leather. i used to work for gucci and i know that the canvas will get darker over time and once it gets wet, you have to say goodbye to it forever lol. gucci is still not my favorite brand though.

Wait till you get to see both side by side and pick whichever one speaks to you and your wardrobe. I am a guccissima lover at heart but in this case I personally would choose the canvas one with pink trim cuz a pink guccissima one is too much pink IMO. I have both canvas and guccissima bags and have not had problems with the canvas ones probably cuz they're not in heavy rotation and I am very careful when using them.

I usually prefer the guccisima leather too, but in this case I would also go with the canvas and pink trim. You can't officially decide until you see them both IRL, so do wait until then to make a decision. My canvas pieces have held up excellent, so as long as you take care of your bags you'll be fine.

i would agree with the canvas in this case. i've never seen the pink guccissima sukey IRL before so i can't really tell u if it's nice(r) than the canvas one. normally i'd also pick the guccissima, but i have a feeling it might not look as nice bc it might be too pink. as for the pink trim canvas, it's really pretty IRL so don't worry!

Normally I would say guccissima but in this case the canvas is prettier because it has more contrast. The guccissima would be too much pink, IMO!

I usually prefer the guccisima leather too, but in this case I would also go with the canvas and pink trim. You can't officially decide until you see them both IRL, so do wait until then to make a decision. My canvas pieces have held up excellent, so as long as you take care of your bags you'll be fine.

Wait till you get to see both side by side and pick whichever one speaks to you and your wardrobe. I am a guccissima lover at heart but in this case I personally would choose the canvas one with pink trim cuz a pink guccissima one is too much pink IMO. I have both canvas and guccissima bags and have not had problems with the canvas ones probably cuz they're not in heavy rotation and I am very careful when using them.

I'm all for the Gucissima leather. The canvas just feels so cheap to me. The SA at Gucci also said that pen marks DON'T come out of canvas, so you'll have to be extra careful!

I also think wait for the bag to come and see if one speaks to you more than the other or if one looks better with your wardrobe. I love the pink guccissima sukey. I think the shade of pink is really pretty in person. The canvas one would probably go with more stuff, but I would probably still go for the guccissima one if I could only pick one..

thanks for everyones help. i got my pink leather sukey in today and i love it. i think the color really stands out with whatever you wear. especially if you wear dark colors like black and browns it gives your outfit a bit of color. beside i have light skin and bright/light colors looks good on me.