Help! Which colour Saddle should I get?!

Which smooth calfskin colour should I go for?

• Indigo blue (dark navy)

• Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drbrox

Apr 5, 2018
Hi everyone, today I went into Dior on Sloane Street to try the saddle bags, which I’ve been back and forth on for some time. I thought I’d like the grained leather given it’s wears well but I was really drawn to the smooth calfskin instead. They only had the smooth calfskin in the dark indigo blue and so I could not do a comparison with the black. The indigo blue looked like silk, it instantly caught my eye and the gold hardware is gorgeous. I haven’t seen the black smooth calfskin so can’t compare, not sure if it would also have that silk finish effect. My question is - should I go for the indigo blue or the black?

I don’t have any blue bags, my bags are the usual staples of black, brown (LVs), I have one white bag and one pink bag. I’m drawn to the blue and so like wearing beige, whites, denims, blues and pinks but I do admittedly wear a lot of black. I’m trying to be more “colourful” but am worried about investing in something like this and not going for the standard black for ease to match with everything. But wow, that indigo blue is special....

Ahhhhh! Help! Does anyone have the indigo blue or black in smooth calfskin? Please let me know your thoughts.

5FFB4C07-A7E9-4E82-AA11-E7B5A729B084.png

4377AFE7-FDF5-483B-8D79-43B94107E8FE.png

I think blue is a lovely summer autumn colour. That said, are you content with the black bag you have? If you have your dream bag in black then go for the blue. Black is the colour you will likely wear the most so make sure the black bag you have sparks joy! Personally I do not go for smooth leaders as I wear rings and bracelets Which can scratch the leather easily and If it’s a dark colour I would want to use It often so I try to get grained leather as much as I can.
PS- Get the bag from Harrods! They have an amazing points system and the SAS are lovely there had a long chat with them today!
Good luck

Reactions: Drbrox
I think blue is a lovely summer autumn colour. That said, are you content with the black bag you have? If you have your dream bag in black then go for the blue. Black is the colour you will likely wear the most so make sure the black bag you have sparks joy! Personally I do not go for smooth leaders as I wear rings and bracelets Which can scratch the leather easily and If it’s a dark colour I would want to use It often so I try to get grained leather as much as I can.
PS- Get the bag from Harrods! They have an amazing points system and the SAS are lovely there had a long chat with them today!
Good luck
Hmmm do I have a bag in black I *love*, admittedly I have a Chanel in black and I do love it, but barely use. I like bags that are flatted against my body and tend to use a black Louis I have but I do have the special black bag. The blue is capturing, though it could slightly be mistaken for black in some dull lights. I do have a grey Balenciaga mini bag I barley use which is a special croc leather and that goes with anything black so I am drawn to the blue for something new. I know it would take my breath away every time I used it (dramatic but hey we all love bags here). Ohhh good call on Harrods! I have that card but find it chaotic so never really go in, but on a purchase like this I really should!

Reactions: Gigi_90
Hmmm do I have a bag in black I *love*, admittedly I have a Chanel in black and I do love it, but barely use. I like bags that are flatted against my body and tend to use a black Louis I have but I do have the special black bag. The blue is capturing, though it could slightly be mistaken for black in some dull lights. I do have a grey Balenciaga mini bag I barley use which is a special croc leather and that goes with anything black so I am drawn to the blue for something new. I know it would take my breath away every time I used it (dramatic but hey we all love bags here). Ohhh good call on Harrods! I have that card but find it chaotic so never really go in, but on a purchase like this I really should!
Navy goes exceptionally well with gold hardware. As Monsieur Dior said himself, "Midnight blue is the only color that can ever compete with black."

Get the blue.

Another vote for the blue! This colour is actually very versatile and your heart seems to lean towards it too. Not forgetting you already have some black bags.

:smile:

Reactions: Drbrox
They also have lighter blue saddle bag if it’s too close to black! I was there yesterday and they showed me some of the blue and red bags!

I know what you mean about Harrods- I used to have the worst experience because of how crowded it got with tourists and people but not with the limits on the number of people and organised queues it’s a dream!

they got 10 percent off this week!

hope you enjoy your bag :smile:

The blue one looks absolutely gorgeous, especially against the gold hardware. Almost got one for myself but I hardly see anyone using the saddle bag thats why I didnt buy. Did the saddle bag trend die off?

The blue one looks absolutely gorgeous, especially against the gold hardware. Almost got one for myself but I hardly see anyone using the saddle bag thats why I didnt buy. Did the saddle bag trend die off?
You know I thought the same, that’s why I held off. But yesterday in Knightsbridge I saw at least 10 people wearing the saddle and when I went into the Sloane Street store, for the duration I was there, at least 4 people came in asking to look at it. I like bags that sit flat against me and it does offer that. I think it’s here to stay for a bit with all the versions they are bringing out.

Reactions: Gigi_90 and Neena07