Help! Which Bayswater?

shadowplay

Nov 30, 2015
I'm finally done with grad school in August, and I'm also finally going to buy one of my dream bags to celebrate. However, now I'm having second thoughts about which Bays to get.

I'm stuck between:

New Bays in Oak

New Bays in Oxblood

Classic Bays in Oak

Classic Bays in Oxblood

New Studded Small Bays

Which one would you get?
I'm toying with the idea of getting the New Studded Small Bays and one of the Oaks, but I'm stuck. I wish I could buy them all! [emoji28]

Screenshot_20170603-084147.jpgScreenshot_20170603-084237.jpgScreenshot_20170603-084328.jpgScreenshot_20170603-084353.jpgScreenshot_20170603-084442.jpg

I just bought the new in oak and after receiving it and mixing it with my wardrobe Am even happier with my purchase. The color is a good every season neutral. I have worn it down with jeans and a nice top and with a dress and heels, both looks worked. I loved my old classic in oak but it gets really floppy after a while and I never thought it looked good dressed up. The oxblood is a nice color but always feels more fall/winter to me since it's kinda dark. Personally don't like the studs to trendy for me. So in my opinion best bang for your buck the new in oak.

I just bought the new in oak and after receiving it and mixing it with my wardrobe Am even happier with my purchase. The color is a good every season neutral. I have worn it down with jeans and a nice top and with a dress and heels, both looks worked. I loved my old classic in oak but it gets really floppy after a while and I never thought it looked good dressed up. The oxblood is a nice color but always feels more fall/winter to me since it's kinda dark. Personally don't like the studs to trendy for me. So in my opinion best bang for your buck the new in oak.
Hmmm, good points! I tend to wear a lot of earth tones and it's winter half the year here, so the Oxblood would get a lot of is from me. But I think the Oak would go with more. I know the studded one is trendy, but it made me gasp when I first saw it! It speaks to me haha

What about the zipped Bayswaters?

Of the ones you've mentioned, I'm a big fan of the new Bays so I would go for one of those rather than the old ones. I know some people still love the old and classic designs, but personally I embrace the new styles! Have fun choosing :heart:

I have the original oak and I honestly get so much use out of it! I absolutely adore the new style, but I wonder how timeless it will prove to be? Oxblood is a gorgeous colour, I personally would love to add a piece to my collection, but oak goes with everything! If you already have an oak bag, I would go for the oxblood for a variation!

I have the original oak and I honestly get so much use out of it! I absolutely adore the new style, but I wonder how timeless it will prove to be? Oxblood is a gorgeous colour, I personally would love to add a piece to my collection, but oak goes with everything! If you already have an oak bag, I would go for the oxblood for a variation!
I don't have an oak bag yet, so I think it would be perfect for versatility! The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the original. I like the new bays, but the classic oak is what I first fell in love with. I might be bad and get the original oak and the small new studded for variety.

I prefer Classic bays to the new model (own 9 classics and 1 new style). Therefore I would get oak and oxblood in classic. Or one of each style but not the studs unless you have an edgy style.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! I decided on going with a classic in oak. I knew in my heart I'd be lusting after this one if I purchased any other one. I do like the new bays and plan on buying one in the future, but I wanted my first Mulberry to be the original. It somehow feels more special that way.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! I decided on going with a classic in oak. I knew in my heart I'd be lusting after this one if I purchased any other one. I do like the new bays and plan on buying one in the future, but I wanted my first Mulberry to be the original. It somehow feels more special that way.
I love that you went with a classic! I think that should be first as well! I have a classic in oxblood and I adore it!

I'd go with the classic without doubt, studs I'm sure are great if you're younger but the trend comes and goes, as will all the other variations of the Bayswater. I don't think they will ever really replace the Classic, it's instantly recognisable, I think everyone knows the Bays.

I love that you went with a classic! I think that should be first as well! I have a classic in oxblood and I adore it!
I love the Mulberry Oxblood color! I'm sure your bays is stunning. My bag arrived the other night and I'm smitten with it. Totally happy with my purchase. I think I'd be disappointed if I went with anything else.