Help! Which bag should i pick :/ K32 Gris M phw vs K28 Trench ghw

PurseOnFleek

We rise by lifting others
O.G.
Feb 14, 2009
Hi dearest TPFers and Hermes Lovers!
I am in a dilemma and need some advice... I am buying my next H bag which is a Kelly and am torn between two bags.
K28 trench ghw togo retourne
K32 gris m phw togo retourne

If i could pick my ideal Kelly it would be K28 gris m phw retourne togo. As i have a B30 and perhaps the size 28 would be a nice change.
However this isnt a perfect world and im stuck between a rock and a hard place. The trench is in my ideal size and my second fav colour but not my fav hardware... The Gris M is my #1 (and not close #1 to #2 its a far ahead #1) colour choice, the hardware is what i prefer but the size is not my ideal choice. I wear a mix of jewellery metals i wear rose gold, yellow gold and silver all at once too. i gravitate more towards silver hardware on bags unless its a LV then im just used to the gold hardware anyway; i think that's because im almost 30 and silver hardware seems to remind me of "youth" i dont know why but it does! Perhaps i have an underlying denial to face getting older LOL. Also noting there is a price difference between the bags not a great deal but none the less worth noting the k28 is less than the k32.

I am 155cm (shorty!) Average build and can pull off a B30 however any larger and the bag would look bigger than me. I can also wear a K32 but i dont know if this would look too casual on me; sorry dont have comparison pic of kelly but ill insert my pic with b30. I would like some versatility to be able to use my K bag for an evening occassion if needed not that i go out at night these days with the latest addition of our baby girl.
Any advice will help as i love both bags and appreciate them both.
P.s. I keep thinking "if i get this K will i feel i have settled and regret not getting the other K instead" but the problem is i can apply that sentence to both bags... Thus my dilemma!

Thanks in advance xx
IMG_20170408_181609_395.jpeg

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
If Gris mouette is your STRONG #1 as well as PHW then I think you will not think twice about the size being a 32. When I was buying my first K in Paris, i was waffling between two sizes and worried about what I could and couldn't take out to dinner and I'll never forget what my chic French SA told me..."A Kelly is always a Kelly, no matter the size." Get the bag you think you will love more. And if you really can't pick, then maybe it's a sign to wait for the next option to come along (it always does!).

Have fun choosing!!

My first K was a 28 sellier and I find it to be the perfect size. I also find B30 to be perfect for me. I always thought a K 32 retourne would be too big for me but I took a chance on a pre-loved and I'm glad I did. I don't feel the 32 is too big. So if your heart is yearning for the GM don't let the size deter you.

GM w PHW is TDF! I have a b30 with these specs. My size preference is b30 and k28. Always open to Bk 25 o rk32. Deal breakers for me are by 35+. PHW on all(with an excpetion if a hard to get color came along).

K28 certainly doesn't hold as much as a b30. With your new baby, would you want extra room in your bag? K32 closed up looks much leaner than you would expect and GM is so elegant that you could use it for a nice date night.

Do not settle for color and HW that doesn't WOW you! Seems like your #2 might be a consolation prize you may regret. However, consider if k32 is in an acceptable size range for you.

I would take the K32 GM. Good luck with your decision. Keep us posted!

Thats a tough choice to make, both are lovely bags. But it seem you only considering K28 trench ghw just because of the size. & your true love is the GM phw.

Would you regret it if the exact spec comes along the way, but you've purchase the K32 GM phw? Or would you be sadder if the exact spec bag never came along & you didnt get this K32 GM phw? This is the question you need to ask yourself. & while K32 retourne is a lovely kelly, it could look a bit casual compared to K25&K28.

My priority is always the size, then the color. Hw is great if its what i want, but i can live with either phw & ghw. I would consider the K28, but only if the color + hw works for you. Else I would turn both down & wait for next bag.

My sister in law just got a K28 trench phw and togo leather from the NY Hermes store yesterday. It's stunning and looks so elegant and can definitely be worn as an evening bag. She's also petite like you. I'll try to get a photo from her to send to you.

Good luck making a decision! Get what you'll love and use :smile:

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
Trench in ghw is dressier than if it was in phw... so can work for evening and it's a 28... but difference in 32 and 28 not so significant, not like birkin sizes..so if u prefer the gm, maybe the size isn't too great an issue.. evening use is an option, or is it a deciding factor?... can u try both on? Maybe not helping much here...

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
If Gris mouette is your STRONG #1 as well as PHW then I think you will not think twice about the size being a 32. When I was buying my first K in Paris, i was waffling between two sizes and worried about what I could and couldn't take out to dinner and I'll never forget what my chic French SA told me..."A Kelly is always a Kelly, no matter the size." Get the bag you think you will love more. And if you really can't pick, then maybe it's a sign to wait for the next option to come along (it always does!).

Have fun choosing!!
Thats a very valid point . A Kelly is always a Kelly. And very highly regarded none the less.

Thats a tough choice to make, both are lovely bags. But it seem you only considering K28 trench ghw just because of the size. & your true love is the GM phw.

Would you regret it if the exact spec comes along the way, but you've purchase the K32 GM phw? Or would you be sadder if the exact spec bag never came along & you didnt get this K32 GM phw? This is the question you need to ask yourself. & while K32 retourne is a lovely kelly, it could look a bit casual compared to K25&K28.

My priority is always the size, then the color. Hw is great if its what i want, but i can live with either phw & ghw. I would consider the K28, but only if the color + hw works for you. Else I would turn both down & wait for next bag.
The point you made about would i be sadder if the exact bag i want never came along and i missed out on K32 Gris M - this point is so valid and i never thought about it in this way i had been more so considering the "regret" of not getting one or the other... I love the question you have posed for me! At the moment i feel i would be sadder to miss out on GM... However i also feel like the more i face this debacle the more trench ghw grows on me too.

***Does anyone else have that problem where the bag you didnt think you wanted as much as another then suddenly starts to grow on you... ****

Sigh lol

Last edited:
My sister in law just got a K28 trench phw and togo leather from the NY Hermes store yesterday. It's stunning and looks so elegant and can definitely be worn as an evening bag. She's also petite like you. I'll try to get a photo from her to send to you.

Good luck making a decision! Get what you'll love and use [emoji2]
Be great to see a mod shot!