HELP!! Which bag should I carry to my interview today?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have an interview at an edgy men's shoe company today and I have my whole outfit picked out I just can't decide between two bags. The outfit: black cowboy boots, black leggings, a long paisley patterned joie tunic and a boyfriend blazer I have two great bags and i'm not sure which one I should wear....and yes this is all I can think about this morning! They are both Lockheart, one is a simple black market tote, black sequins with a little black mesh over it. It is your basic black with a little sparkle and the other is a beautiful lavender bag with the most amazing handwork on it and it matches the purple tones in my tunic. I'm just not sure which is more "interview appropriate".....any thoughts???

Attached Files:

2. Wow! The lavender is beautiful. I like it.

3. I agree. I love the lavender bag.. :yahoo:

4. I love the lavender- but i'm hesitant since it's an interview. Is black too boring?

5. black

6. I say Lavender. It will get noticed . You want to get the bosses attention as soon as you walk in the door. If it looks like you tried hard to put an outfit together. then you will try hard on the job. IMO...

7. I would say black is the best choice. Did you have the interview? How did it go?

8. i would've gone with lavender. cute outfit!!

how did the interview go?! good i hope :smile:

9. You're now having me give lockheart a second look! I always thought their bags were too heavy. I hope you aced the interview! :woohoo:

10. Black is better for you in my opinion. It fits for the occasion like an interview.

11. oh i love the lavender but i would go for the black for interview

12. I vote for the lavander too! hope you got the job ;)

13. i would go for black for the interview...makes the outfit very polished

14. hey nanner! so much with the bag... how's your interview.. hope you made it! :biggrin:

15. I know this is a late response, but black! For most interviews, you want to dress as conservative as possible... the only thing you want your interviewer to focus on is your resume and the interview itself... not on what you're wearing!