Help! Which Alexa Should I Buy!!

Apr 29, 2009
Ok, so I'm a Bayswater girl, never really understood the whole Alexa thing until I bought my sparkle tweed alexa. Then it was love!
Should I buy the regular classic black alexa or the mini patent leopard alexa.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Tough choice Emily- both are lovely- I have the regular black- and if you keep watching for the my wardrobe sale on 23rd Dec (starts midnight 22nd UK time I think) you might just find both reduced!!! (loads in stock too)- only a week to go!! Good luck with the decision- you cant go wring with either. Regular will be around for a while but mini patent will be gone soon- and there dont seem to be any on mulberry.com!!

I was intending to buy on my wardrobe. Was sent a 40% off coupon that works. I'm thinking regular black as my sparkle tweed is quite blingy and high maintenance and I imagine the leopard may be the same. Oooh decisions!!!!

I have the reg black, it's really versatile and classic. I like the buffalo leather in black. It is wearing well and has a nice sheen. There have been a lot of reveals of mini patent leopards on here recently though and it is a lovely bag. Sorry, that hasn't helped much!!

I got the mini leopard very recently and I love it. It hasn't been high maintenance so far but I've only had it 8 days. It's not as "in your face" as you might think.
If you have the sparkle tweed for a bit of bling though - why not go for the regular black?

They are both beautiful, so a hard choice. Maybe the black would complement the sparkly.

When you say high maintenance, what does that mean practically ? Collonil every day ? Excuse me if it is a silly question, just curious. I have never had that kind of bag :smile:

Both are lovely. I think that you should go for whichever one excites you the most. It is a lot of money (even with discount) so go for the one that you think you will make you feel the happiest when you use it. I agree you should move fast if you want the black as it is possible it could revert to 'New Season' stock at any time. Good luck deciding and looking forward to hearing which one you go for!

lakrits - i think that by 'high maintenance', people mean bags which you need to 'baby', be very careful with and treat as delicate. So leather that would watermark easily, soft leather that might scag or scratch easily, bags that will pick up colour transfer from clothes easily. Think plonge lambskin, nappa leather etc. You might collonial them a bit more but personally I just avoid rain altogether, lol. The thing is, these high maintenance bags are often the most soft, strokeable and beautiful so they are worth the exra effort. I am exceptionally careful with my nappa fringe daria (probably a lot more careful then I need to be, tbh), but to me the bag is worth the extra effort, lol. xx

Both are lovely. I think that you should go for whichever one excites you the most. It is a lot of money (even with discount) so go for the one that you think you will make you feel the happiest when you use it. I agree you should move fast if you want the black as it is possible it could revert to 'New Season' stock at any time. Good luck deciding and looking forward to hearing which one you go for!

lakrits - i think that by 'high maintenance', people mean bags which you need to 'baby', be very careful with and treat as delicate. So leather that would watermark easily, soft leather that might scag or scratch easily, bags that will pick up colour transfer from clothes easily. Think plonge lambskin, nappa leather etc. You might collonial them a bit more but personally I just avoid rain altogether, lol. The thing is, these high maintenance bags are often the most soft, strokeable and beautiful so they are worth the exra effort. I am exceptionally careful with my nappa fringe daria (probably a lot more careful then I need to be, tbh), but to me the bag is worth the extra effort, lol. xx

beautifully put IWANB

i think go for the patent black..its so pretty plus the leopard patent finish makes the bag less liky to show up marks..and will be a little more sturctured than soft buffalo, imo....

..personally am still decding between the purple suede alexa and black mini patent alexa..the practical side is saying black patent...but my heart starts beating faster everytime i go to visit the lilac/grey loopy leopard suede alexa in central london..only 3 left in stock in all of uk...it won't go with anything in my wardrobe but is just sooo pretty...