Help!!! Where Can I Find A Date Code On My Handbag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orchidlady

O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
Hello ladies,
As I have mentioned before, I'm trying to sell my Leonor to make funds for the Mahina. Anyways, I have this one potential buyer who asks for the date code on my LV. According to my understanding after reading the description for it on the ebay website, the datecode is some sort of guideline for the buyers to identify the authenticity of the bag. Hence, I started searching around for a number but couldn't find anything. I even tried looking at the Vernis wallet that I have but couldn't find anything like that at all. Since I don't own too many LV's, I called my girlfriend who owns like thousands of LV's and she didn't even know what I was talking about. Apparently we are clueless, is there anyone out there who knows exactly what I'm talking about?

The date code is the production date of the handbag. It begins with 2 letters (which stands for the factory and there can be various 2 letter series for each factory) and then they are followed by 4 digits. For the bag you are stating ( and most bags made prior to January 2007), the 1st and 3rd digit will stand for the month and the 2nd and 4th digit stand for the year. For example CT1024 would mean that it was made in France in December of 2004. The date code is most times heatstamped into the bag's lining and this can also mean an interior pocket, in any case when heatstamped into the lining, it is usually found very close to a seam. There are also times, depening on the model, where LV will instead heatstamp it into the leather. I would think on your model, it would be in the lining or the lining inside an interior pocket. If you go to the thread "authenticate this louis vuitton" on this forum, the members of this forum who authenticate LVs can assist you further with locating it and will also authentic your bag for you. Good Luck selling it!

Status
Not open for further replies.