HELP!!! Whats going on with my hair??

java

Jan 22, 2008
So i was in real need to get my roots fixed, so i went to the drugstore and i bought two Garnier at home colouring kits. One was dark Chestnut and the other one was natural chestnut.

My hair is naturally dark brown.

I came home, mixed the two colours (because I didn't want it to be too dark or too light) and now my hair looks almost black!!!

This was two days ago...

I look like someone out of the adams family because it just looks too harsh on my skintone!

I've washed my hair in the past two days but the colour hasn't become lighter...

Anyone out there have any idea if these colours usually get lighter? Anyone know why on earth my hair looks black??

Please please respond people!!! I'm in desperate need of reassurance!

:woohoo::confused1:

Java - I wish I could help, but I have never colored my hair myself. I would call the salon that cuts your hair and ask for a remedy to get the color to tone down. You may want to wash your hair a couple of times with a clarifying shampoo to which will clean it really deep. Follow that up with something very moisturizing. Yesterday I read that if you put 3 egg whites on your hair and leave it on for 5-6 minutes your hair will be shiny and soft for days.:yes:

That happened to me once with "medium chestnut brown." My hair turned black and crispy and my stylist told me it was an adverse chemical reaction. I had to have the color stripped out and use deep conditioner for a long time.

It could have also been the type of dye you used. If you use something that's ammonia/ peroxide free, or something that says "deposit only" or "no lift," on dark hair, it will just make it darker.

Color oops hair color remover, it's made to remove hair color. I have never used it but have read some reviews on it, if you go to walgreens.com there are a ton of reviews on it. Good luck!

I use this brand but not that color. I do notice that when I take very warm showers my hair tends to fade a lot faster. Don't forget to condition after. I would wait a few weeks and maybe if its sunny out let it lighten naturally. Best of luck.