Help - what to write back to Ebay question?

m1nime

My beautiful babies!
Nov 12, 2006
So, I am selling my Neo Cabby - but I get a question and Im unsure what to write.

The question is:

How do you guarantee authenticity?

First of all, I havent written anywhere in my listing that I guarantee authenticity - everyone writes this even if the bag is as fake as anything. So to me, it doesnt mean much.

Also the fact that I hate the people that state, guaranteed authentic or your money back!! I am no way giving people that option, because of the stories that they take your authentic and send you back some horrible fake!!

My listing has extensive photos and a close up of my original receipt from the Melbourne store with all the store details. I thought that would be enough.

What do I write back? Please help - this is my first bag listing!

I would just say I can guarantee the item is authentic because I purchased it directly from the store. If they don't understand that, they aren't worth selling to!

Agreed. It's a valid question, and saying you bought it yourself at XYZ is a sufficient answer. Don't get upset by their questions, remember, most sellers seem to be showing real pics, and then sending fake bags, so the buyers are wary too...

And it goes without saying that any bag on ebay SHOULD be authentic or it is illegal, not just against the rules, but illegal to sell. But, for your own sake you SHOULD say it is AUTHENTIC somewhere in the listing bc if it doesn't say at least that, people won't even take the time to read it bc there are so many fakes. Do yourself a favor and always put AUTH in the title. I used to never even click on the ones that didn't...too much on ebay to sort through it all.

Whether or not you say money back if not authentic, if someone wants to scam you, they will. The buyers can always get their money back unless you DON'T take paypal, whether you like it or not. Protect yourself by adding a security tag of some sort when you send. Once removed, no returns.

ok, thanks for the good advice!

I just thought, the word 'authentic' these days on ebay really means nothing - but I will put it, if there is a next time.

thank you.