Help! what to wear to a concert in Miami

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Help me please! I am going to a concert in Miami, Florida next week and I don't know what to wear! I live in Central America and have never been to a concert in the states (actually, once, in North Carolina) and I fear what I would wear for a concert here wouldn't be appropriate in the US...can I wear tennis shoes? is that ok? how crazy do people get in concerts? are people allowed to drink and go crazy like here?

Here, what I would wear for that same concert would be nice jeans, comfortable heels/mid heels or flats, comfy jeans, and really nice top, with hair done and natural make up....does that sound about right? am I supposed to dress up? If anyone is familiar with the Miami area the concert is at the American Airlines Arena...Thanks! :biggrin:

2. Who are you going to see? That might help nail down a look, or is it a music festival?

3. A hispanic singer, Ricardo Arjona

4. I don't see why you couldn't wear jeans/flats etc. Miami has a large Hispanic population and the temperature is relatively similar to South America.
    I know for most of the concerts and festivals I go to my go-to outfit is jeans, and converse or lacoste tennis shoes and a long singlet or two.

When you're dancing and standing around during a three hour long concert you want to be comfortable! No one will care what you are wearing anyway, they'll be too busy enjoying the concert like you! :biggrin:

5. I love Ricardo Arjona! Is it at the American Airlines arena? Is it assigned seating? Honestly, people in Miami dress up quite a bit but there will be some dressed down as well. Nice jeans, comfy heels and a little cute top would be fine. Have tons of fun!

6. nice dress and sandals.

jeans and hot weather...ugh the humidity! lol

7. Thanks Jen_Sparro, Reesee and Jahpson

Reesee, yes it's at the american airlines arena, yes it's assigned seating I believe...I wasn't able to buy tickets to watch him in front of the stage so I got best available :sad: which was the people that are "on top" of the ones in front of the stage but behind...am I making sense?

I have an idea! Maybe I'll go shopping in Miami before going to the concert! :P

8. Great idea :graucho:

I think anything will be fine for that venue. I personally would wear dressy jeans and a top with heels (since you will have a seat and not have to stand).
    Que la pases bien!

9. Gracias!

I have never been to the American Airlines Arena so I'll find out next week...that's what I thought about wearing, dressy jeans etc...I'll see if I can find me something nice over at Dadeland or Aventura, whichever I get to go first! thanks for the input Reesee!