Help!! What should my bf wear to his uncle's wedding?!

Dew Drops

Jul 28, 2009
Girls, I need help!

My BF has to attend his uncle's wedding on sunday and we need some outfit ideas. He is not the suit type of guy and honestly he's just super picky about clothes in every way that it drives me kinda nuts.

He's got no fashion sense so it's up to me to make him look good.

Other than a suite (blazer jacket) what can he wear? The wedding is not totally formal. All the jackets we've tried on do not fit him as he has a unique build. Broader shoulders, slightly longer than average arm, tall and on the slim side with a little weight in the mid section (which makes shirts tucked in not look so good I think)

Can he wear black pants and a dressy shirt? Or do you gals have any ideas at all. I think I have a good fashion sense (my dad is a metrosexual) but I don't know too much about menswear as I'm just into shopping for myself usually for picking things out for girls (Friends, mom, sisters)

Any suggestions would be helpful at this point!
Thanks a million in advance.

have you looked at Zara for men? They tend to cut for that build (my dbf is the same)/ I think he may have to suck it up and wear a blazer, at least for the ceremony, but they have pretty cool ones. A blazer will also balance his midsection nicely.

If he really cannot be persuaded, how about a waistcoat? or a really fine knit sweater?

If you want some designer inspiration Burberry for Men was really nice this year.

I think a suit would be best, maybe go to a shop that sells separate suit pieces and special sizes (they do make longer arms etc). If not, at least some nice dresds pants and a blazer. I went to a few weddings this year where guests showed up in jeans or trainers, one even wore a bright yellow hoodie, and it was so disrespectful IMO.

He definitely needs a blazer. Do you have an H&M nearby? He'll be able to get everything he needs there: a blazer, belt, nice button-up shirt and a slick pair of pants.

Well well... he bought a tuxedo today!!
That shocked me, since I was home with our very very sick cat .. but at least the shopping is done!

It's a black tuxedo, if you have any shirt and tie color ideas let me know.

The tux looks really good, and the fit is excellent! Sorry about the confusion, the wedding is formal but what I meant was that it didn't have a specific dress code.

H&M was a good idea, I was looking through their collection earlier. We planned to check Zara and the mall out until our cat got very sick.

Thank you all for the suggestions

Wow! Your bf did good! :biggrin:
Hm dress shirt ideas.....well if he wants to be super spiffy he can go the traditional route with a white shirt, bow tie, belt and nice shoes...
OR he can be different and maybe wear a black shirt and a solid grey/silver tie?
Or he can do a white shirt, a black vest and black tie.
Or white shirt, any colored vest and a black tie.
Or white shirt, colored tie.

There are tons of possibilities!

Inspiration!: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=644

One more link: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...do+for+weddings&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Last edited:
With a tux, he should wear a white tuxedo shirt with a black tie (either a bow tie or regular solid black tie are fine).

Hope your kitty gets better soon!

Mia Bella, Ahertz, thank you both so much!! These are great ideas that I'll pass on to my BF. I think the black shirt ideas suites him. Love the silver / grey tie idea!

And thank you for the get well wishes, if my kitty recovers it's going to be a medical miracle because she is the last in the litter to dodge FIP this long at 8 months of age, but it just had to catch up with her. :cry:
Feline infectious peritonitis is a terrible illness. Losing her sister in August was hard enough and now everything is just falling apart.

Thank you again.

Mia Bella, Ahertz, thank you both so much!! These are great ideas that I'll pass on to my BF. I think the black shirt ideas suites him. Love the silver / grey tie idea!

And thank you for the get well wishes, if my kitty recovers it's going to be a medical miracle because she is the last in the litter to dodge FIP this long at 8 months of age, but it just had to catch up with her. :cry:
Feline infectious peritonitis is a terrible illness. Losing her sister in August was hard enough and now everything is just falling apart.

Thank you again.

You're welcome! I really like the black shirt/silver tie idea too :nuts: I was thinking about DH when I was writing it down because it's something he would totally wear. It's a little edge and personality that'll spice up that black suit.

And my apologies, I got caught up in the clothing discussion that I forgot to send good vibes to your kitty. I sure do hope she pulls through. :hugs:

You're welcome! I really like the black shirt/silver tie idea too :nuts: I was thinking about DH when I was writing it down because it's something he would totally wear. It's a little edge and personality that'll spice up that black suit.

And my apologies, I got caught up in the clothing discussion that I forgot to send good vibes to your kitty. I sure do hope she pulls through. :hugs:

Aww Mia Bella, it's ok! Don't worry. Thank you .. I sure hope she pulls through.

I had to read your post twice to notice that you mentioned black shirt, the first time I read white shirt. I'm glad you suggested this option though, it is a very good one.