HELP! What should I wear to my BF's graduation??

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. His parents and sisters will be there too. I want to look clean and put together, but not trying too hard. Nothing too low cut or outrageous, if you know what i mean ;) I'm 5'4" and about a size 2.

I'm thinking of buying a new dress that will go with my wooden thong sandals (they look kind of boho) or my MJ black ballet flats. I recently bought a black linen calf-length halter dress but the back is so low I can't fit a bra in. PLUS, it's sheer so I can't go with nipple tape. :shame:

I'm budgeting around $120 US. It needs to be online too so I can ship it to him :P

Any suggestions? His graduation is this weekend. :unsure:

2. oh wow that's really soon.....

this banana republic dress is $118.....pretty classy although maybe a little old looking

[​IMG]

and this j crew dress is only $98

[​IMG]

3. that j crew dress is cute..and would look cute with your MJ flats and maybe a cute bright colored sweater(in case it gets chilly or you go out to eat!) can't help the mother in me:shame:

4. this bebe dress is also $98 and cute but not sure what his parents would think of it

[​IMG]

5. this $98 linen dress by free peop;e (form urban outfitters) could work also

[​IMG]

6. and a few from anthropologie (sorry for the barrage of dresses)

this one's $150 so a little over but i love it

[​IMG]

this one's also $150ish :sad2:

[​IMG]

okay i'm done i promise :shame:

7. oh wow...those look so pretty. i'd go with the Bebe one if it weren't for the parents!! :biggrin:

i'm really liking the free people one. Thanks so much for all the input, I really appreciate it!!

8. i say go for some summery color... the j crew one is cute... let's not do black
    check out revolve clothing... some sale stuff.. i got 2 sweeties dresses for cheap

9. if you're leaning towards the free people they do make really cute sundresses (these are from girlshop)

this one's $138

[​IMG]

this one's $108

[​IMG]

and this one's $128

[​IMG]

10. Everyone has posted really great choices already! I would suggest, for something more formal, looking at an Ann Taylor store. Here are a few suggestions that might go well with your sandals:

[​IMG]
    $148

[​IMG]
    $148

And, although Anthropologie dresses range from $118 to $228, you should definitely take a look. They have an exhaustive selection. Good luck!

11. I love the second one! So adorable. My vote goes for this one, even if it is a little over budget :biggrin:

12. thanks so much for all the gorgeous suggestions!! I'm a little anxious about buying a dress online and not trying it. i agree with welovelouie that a summery colour would be best...btw, your puppy is ADORABLE! :nuts::nuts:

13. I like dresses from Ann Taylor. I'm sorry I don't know how to post pictures, but there are a lot of nice dresses on sale on their website right now.

14. Oooh, cute dresses. :smile:

How low is the dress you have? Victoria's Secret has a convertible bra that has a low back convertor. It comes in super handy.

15. Ann Taylor Loft also has some great new summer dresses...but I can never figure out how to paste pics in my posts:mad:

Anyway, here is the page on their site, I especially like the very first one, but there are a number of cute ones and VERY inexpensive:idea:
    http://anntaylorloft.com/atlShowCategory.process?RestartFlow=t&Section_Id=38

But you already have fabulous choices here. I love the third free people dress, and the Ann Taylor ones. Don't think you can really go wrong w/ any of them!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice