Help! What should I pick for my 2nd Chanel?

Becky P.

Aug 18, 2009
I bought my first Chanel on May and it is a Metallic grey jumb(Lambskin). I want to buy my 2nd Chanel before the price increase and I want a classic bag. Should I get a black caviar large or jumbo flap or get a black GST caviar? It is such a hard decision to make. Please help!:smile:

OP, black caviar Jumbo with gold hardware!! Spacious, more durable, classic Chanel bag! Then your metallic grey jumbo can have a playmate, ^_^(and since your metallic grey has silver hardware, you should mix it up a bit and get gold hardware). Besides, I think black accented with gold is the epitome of luxe.

P.S: I am just not a fan of the GST..had one in Black Caviar with Silver and never wore it because it looked too big on me and has too heavy on the shoulders..just slid right off..the bag was not ergonomic.

Unless of course, it is the pale gold... I have been toying with the idea of getting a black with pale gold hardware.. the yellowish gold seems a little "old" to me.. don't shoot me G! Heheheh

If I may know, what do you need this 2nd bag for ? Is it for everyday or evening bag ? A medium / large classic flap would be best for evening bag. As for everyday bag, a jumbo classic bag / GST would be more suitable since it is more spacious. Personally, I prefer the black jumbo classic bag among the above choices...

i suggest any of the classics w/ gold. not in your choices, but a black reissue gh would be a nice 2nd... 225 for nights, or 226 for day to night... GL!

I think my Metallic grey is more for evening or special occasion, so i need a bag for everyday right now. So, is gst more everday or black caviar? If i pick black caviar, which size should i pick for everday?

Either GST or the black caviar would work for everyday. If you choose the Black caviar, I would suggest the jumbo as it would fit more! You can't really fit much in the medium/large

:: snipes down A:: hehe, just kidding. I know everyone says pale gold hardware is more youthful looking..

OP, M/Ls are quite small...they can fit a phone, keys and a long wallet....a Jumbo as you know can fit keys, wallet, make up pouch, camera and sunglasses case all at one time

I prefer the classic flap rather than the GST (Some members of TPF already mentioned that the GST’s straps seem to fall off the shoulder. Please check this thread for the detailed info on GST http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/gst-owners-any-regrets-or-drawbacks-pros-cons-275975.html )

As for the size of the classic flap, I guess it depends on your personal preference. Personally, I favor the jumbo size. Since I am considered to be a petite, a maxi would look too big and too heavy for me.

If I may suggest, please visit Chanel boutique and try each of these bags. So you know what’s the most suitable for you….

I think my Metallic grey is more for evening or special occasion, so i need a bag for everyday right now. So, is gst more everday or black caviar? If i pick black caviar, which size should i pick for everday?