Help!!! What should I do?????

beljwl

Nov 28, 2006
I just got 2 rings and a bracelet from my Grandmother.

The first ring FOR SURE I have to change!!!!! It is MAJOR UGLY!!!! Any suggestions what to do? I was thinking making it a pendant. The main diamond is probably 1.5ct maybe a little bigger

The second emerald and diamond ring is not bad but I am not sure if I want to keep it the way it is or change it also. The diamonds are probably 1/4ct each and the emeralds are probably 1/8 ct each.

The bracelet should I keep it the way it is or change that also? Diamond sizes range from probably 1/4 to 1/2 ct

The final photo is the ring I currently wear that I love.

Here is the UGLY ring

P4040485.jpg

Here is the diamond and emerald ring

P4040457.jpg

Here is the bracelet

P4040452.jpg

Here is the ring I wear now and love
P2261773.jpg

I like the 'ugly' ring too! It's very unusual. I'm not sure what you could do with the emerald ring or the bracelet in terms of getting the stones reset. It doesn't look like there's enough stones in the ring to form any kind of pattern, but perhaps if you added some of the stones from the bracelet?

I like the emerald ring as is. I guess you could re-do it so the emeralds were not bead/individually set on the top rows and turn it into a channel. However, I would not.

As for the diamond ring, I like the pendant idea. I think I'd do some sort of halo or something around it to soften it. How big are the smaller stones? What about earrings?

With your bracelet, it is fine as is if you like a more bangle style. I think it would look great in a half or full bezel though. I don't know if you've got enough stones to go around or not, but you could have more metal between the stones or alternate w/ a gemstone you like. I think it would look great with tsavorite garnet or one of the tourmalines- like rubellite or indicolite. Spinels come in tons of colors too and would be pretty and different.

You've gotten tons of really nice stuff from your grandmother!

I really like the first ring alot....lol, Its very different and looks very custom designed....I say keep it just the way it is....you will definelty get wonderful attention with that one...

The bracelet is my favorite!!! Its so lovely and classic!!!! How lucky are you!!!

Your current ring is a dream...my favorite cuts are the pear and heart shape and yours looks so beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing and let us know what you decide!!

I love the ring you are currently wearing. It is exactly something I would enjoy wearing.

You inherited a lot to work with from your grandmother, if you decide to re-set the pieces. A pendant would be a good choice for the first ring, I agree. The diamond and emerald ring is pretty, but I'd re-set it so the edges weren't so scalloped...just my preference.

I like the bracelet as it is! My only thought on the gold metal is this....I noticed your own ring is set in white gold or platinum. You may want to consider changing the metal of the bracelet to match.

the first ring is whimsical but i have to agree with the OP, it's pretty ugly. i'd change both rings. the emerald and diamond ring isn't bad but i find it a bit dated. you could make a more modern ring with it, or even 2 or 3 bands in a different setting. there are a lot of stones and a lot of different ways to set it. the way i see it, it's ok to keep silver and less valuable pieces that you don't absolutely adore but i want to really love any fine jewelry pieces i have.
the bracelet is nice but i agree with the poster who said you should consider how it fits in with the rest of your jewelry. and if you're more of a white gold type than maybe have the metal changed.

To me the "ugly" ring- is the most unique of them all- I like it, and agree with LVSHOEFAN2- that it kind of looks like a flower. I wouldn't be suprised if you got more compliments on it- just because it's unique/looks cutom made. That in itself makes it stand out it looks very -vintage chic->LoL does that make sense

What if you made ring #1 into a pendant with the same diamond layout? It does look like a flower, and you would be keeping it similar to how your grandmother had it.

The "ugly" ring is not really my style, and from the looks of the ring you wear now, it's not yours either. I would change it. Perhaps a pendant? The emerald and diamond ring I might make into a band with alternating emeralds and diamonds. I like the bracelet a lot, although I might see about having it dipped in white gold if you wear WG more often. That might make it look more modern, but it would still be your grandmother's bracelet.