Help~ What should I do?

...we get along very well except for disagreements on how money should be spent and couple of other small things...
First of all, how money should be spent is NOT a small thing. It is, in fact, one of the most, if not THE most oft-cited reason for relationship failure, even divorce.

And worse, from what you say, it sounds like you are doing more than disagreeing how money should be spent, you are essentially living on different sides of the planet on the subject, as well as geographically.

I am sorry to say that my impression is that your boyfriend harbors delusions that you will come and do the bulk of the work of this new job, with more duties and more responsibilities than he feels capable and/or inclined to take on by himself. And that you will do so either in return for room and board, and possibly some sort of token wage.

My impression of you is that you have a much more realistic and healthy idea about the important subjects of Life, Career, and You, and my advice is that you continue in that path, and choose a job that first of all, you will enjoy doing, at a wage that YOU determine will be both in accordance with, or exceed your skills and abilities, as well as your financial needs, both as determined by you.

That job may be in SG, or it may be somewhere else. If it should happen to be in SG, I would strongly recommend that you establish and maintain your own residence and everything else, quite separate from the boyfriend, and permit him to take you out on dates, should he and you both wish to see each other.

If, at some point, he makes the decision to grow up and live in the real world, as you are so commendably doing, then that will be very apparent to you, and you can choose to revisit the question of the relationship, or not, as you choose.

Because by then, it is very probable that you will have met someone who will be better suited to you in terms of maturity, good sense, and feet on the ground, and it is with THAT one that you can both soar into the clouds :smile:

Right now, I told him I can only stay in SG til my severance package runs out. He said that I need 3 months to find a job because ppl there are not very efficient (Huh? My impression of SG is that they're extremely efficient).

Right, based on that alone, I am going to respectfully suggest you say "bye-bye" to your SO.

Seriously, how did he get that impression of my fellow countrywomen and men?

Whatever your decision turns out to be, I wish you the very best.

Kou, you've posted many times about the same issues with your fiance. I agree with the other ladies who have pointed out numerous times that he's just not right for you. When are you going to be ready to move on? It doesn't sound like much is ever right between you guys. You should not move to SG just because he wants you there, especially when his life goals don't match up with yours.

^ ITA

Also, I wanted to make sure and point out that you just got laid off recently. Job searches TAKE TIME. The average is 2-3 MONTHS... not one week. So just because you have not had responses to your resume does not mean the job market is necessarily bad.

How long has the relationship been long distance? I know it is done, but it seems as if a long distance relationship should have an end game plan. Why would you both want to spend so much time apart? I do not subscribe to absence makes the heart grow fonder. It doesn't sound as if either of you are committed enough to actually get the relationship going -- in real time. You kind of need to be together to have a life/relationship together (barring short term times apart or times required by military service etc.)

Personally I would never move for someone unless we were married. Or engaged with the ring on the finger - maybe. I've seen lots of girls do it - most end up disappointed.

It sounds like he wants you to come take care of him when you need the emotional support. It doesn't sound like you ever want to live in SG, let's face it cost of living really is about where you want to live. For instance there are many cities I wouldn't mind living in on my salary, despite cost of living.