Help! What Scarf for Chocolate Birkin?

Actually, just a week ago when I was in the Melbourne store, the female SA's were all wearing a plain white t-shirt and a 90cm scarf tied around the top, like a, well.. top. It looked nice, in a casual sorta way, not sexy like if you just had the scarf on by itself, against bare skin.

That's a great idea. I'm going to try it next week. If I don't look like a total porker by then, making tte look ridiculous. Down w/ flu and eating my head off with all manner of stuff I don't eat ie laden w/ sugar.

But layering seems to be the in thing for this fall. I am sooo fashion victim. :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

I never thought of that! But then again, I'm part of the itty bitty titty comittee, lol, so I don't tend to think in terms of exceeding dimension.:roflmfao: But you know.. sometimes I wish I had those troubles.:shame:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I love the "itty bitty titty". When my mom was studying in Sydney, she had a hilarious housemate who refer to the svelte as skinny winny wit-tots. Hearing it when I was a child, when they talked, always had me rolling around the ground...

Was watching Some Like It Hot yesterday when Marilyn Monroe says to Jack Lemmon (in drag) "oh you're so lucky you have small breasts, clothes just sit so much better". :upsidedown:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I love the "itty bitty titty". When my mom was studying in Sydney, she had a hilarious housemate who refer to the svelte as skinny winny wit-tots. Hearing it when I was a child, when they talked, always had me rolling around the ground...

Was watching Some Like It Hot yesterday when Marilyn Monroe says to Jack Lemmon (in drag) "oh you're so lucky you have small breasts, clothes just sit so much better". :upsidedown:

:lol::lol::lol:

My mom's pretty well endowed so lucky me had to inherit my dad's chest.

Well some clothes just hang off me in the boob dept! There was an episode of This Simple Life (1 or 2??) where Paris and Nicole had falsies on I think, and were trying on clothes when Paris remarked, "Thank God I'm flat" or something like that. Yeesh, I can't stand her! I must've been flipping channels at the time. Gimme boobs!!!:biguns:

:lol::lol::lol:

My mom's pretty well endowed so lucky me had to inherit my dad's chest.

Well some clothes just hang off me in the boob dept! There was an episode of This Simple Life (1 or 2??) where Paris and Nicole had falsies on I think, and were trying on clothes when Paris remarked, "Thank God I'm flat" or something like that. Yeesh, I can't stand her! I must've been flipping channels at the time. Gimme boobs!!!:biguns:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

The downside to having boobs is that men stare hungrily and lasciviously if you're wearing anything low cut. I almost feel as if I've got a price tag hanging off them. Gawd, and in the H scarf tops, the reaction might well be a stampede.

And I'm not even that big. Maybe it's because I'm in Asia where the average size seems to be 32/34AA. :rolleyes:

Hi all! I'm hoping to get some second opinions on what colour scarf to get for my chocolate birkin. I don't own any and have only recently started being obsessed with them. :drool:

I really don't know anything about the scarves names..just know I would love one to match my chocolate birkin..colour wise. :shame: Thanks to lolo, I'm now looking at a few on luxury scarves but I just can't decide on one!

Would black & gold look better, browns, orange or something red? I much prefer the classic look..not into loud colours..:Push: Any opinions anyone? Help me decide!!

Thanks heaps in advance.;)

Hi Where&howmuch! I've slept through this discussion (weird time zones, I'm in South Africa) so now that I'm more or less awake I'll add my bit....
Brown in my mind is absolutely neutral. I wear it quite successfully with black, which surprises some people. I also wear scarves on my bag which alas is not a Birkin. I do find scarves can get dirty faster on my bag, but that may be a result of my pigginess as I'm high maintenance in terms of keepin clean. I seldom put a scarf that's very pale on my bag, for this reason alone.
I may be biased but I don't often see an un-beautiful Hermes scarf. Except for two, all mine are equestrian themed. Buying a first scarf, I would choose one that echoes or complements the colours you most often wear (if, like me, you predominantly wear black, the field is wide open!). If you're having difficulty choosing, start with your favourite colour which is no doubt one that suits you well, so you can wear the scarf close to your face, on your bod, etc.

Oh! I see you seem to have cottoned on to the "use cash and leave no evidence" technique quite early in the game... well done! It's always a good method, as there is no point in terrifying the men in our lives more than is strictly necessary. The other advantage is that, buying scarves from re-sellesr, you can say "oh, I bought it second hand" to the man. Mine falls for it every time, a package of half a dozen delicious vintage scarves can easily be passed off as "old stuff", which men equate with cheap.

Go with the scarf that "grabs you buy the throat" when you look at it. And post pics for us! Keep us posted...

That's a great idea. I'm going to try it next week. If I don't look like a total porker by then, making tte look ridiculous. Down w/ flu and eating my head off with all manner of stuff I don't eat ie laden w/ sugar.

But layering seems to be the in thing for this fall. I am sooo fashion victim. :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

Hope you feel better soon Wongnumber! I had the darn flu for 2 weeks and DH doing all the shopping was dangerous. Twinkies, ice cream, all manner of comfort foods...I gained a ton! :sweatdrop:

Hope you feel better soon Wongnumber! I had the darn flu for 2 weeks and DH doing all the shopping was dangerous. Twinkies, ice cream, all manner of comfort foods...I gained a ton! :sweatdrop:

Thanks Crochetbella.

That flu is pretty tough and the sugar seems pretty attractive when you're down. :yucky: Never mind, today tPF is helping me through. Can't believe how hopping the site is at this time. :jammin: :jammin: I'm never usu around tPF this time of day since it's the mid morning here and I have to be productive!

Hello from the US, and what a great bag to have, period. I am an Hermes scarf collector, so I thought I'd weigh in here-Hermes has been making scarves for decades-when you look on ebay and see vintage that really means "from some years ago." If you go on the Hermes site (hope you can do from there, from here you go to Hermes.com and click on your language/country)-here you see some of the latest(Fall/Winter '06-07) and you can click on the different colors. It is not entirely scarf friendly, as it usually doesn't have the name of the scarf. If you want a BRAND NEW ONE, go to the store (or call the store w/specific name and colorway). There are brand new ones on ebay, but remember it would be a second sale if they sold to you. The other day there were over 700 scarves, it's too hard to pick a color that way. Also...Hermes puts out the little scarf book with each season-pictures of the whole scarf, a closeup and a description plus an explanation of the title. Hermes scarves are sort of like book collecting! Good luck, let us know what you decide!!

rainrowan, that's the exact same one I'm getting my SA to find me! My store has it in the pink colourway but I'm not much of a pink person. Red is very much more my thing. That scarf is just so fun with all the men's and women's items on it, including a Birkin no less, lol!