Help, what purse should I get now?

LV=Love

Aug 18, 2009
I posted a tread called "Which LV should I get?" a few days ago. Basically I was looking for a good college bag. I ended up choosing the NF GM over a Palermo. However I've decided to take it back. I think the NF is pretty, but I don't love it. I don't think the Palermo will work either.

I want a big bag, I'm 5'10 so I can handle one. If you had around $1500, which LV would you buy? I'm NOT really looking for a school bag, just a big, fun purse. I don't like to carry my books in a bag either, I have back problems so I can't. I carry my books in my arms, but always throw lighter items like notebooks and folders in my purse. I feel like I was so concentrated on the NF and Palermo that I overlooked other great LV bags. A lot of people recommended the Galliera and the Palermo. The Palermo is still in the running, but the NF is definitely out. I'm going to Saks tomorrow, what should I look at? What would you pick?

I just want to say thanks to everyone who commented on my last tread, it really helped me to realize the NF was wrong for me (I don't think I wanted to admit it, lol).

Last edited:
give Totally a try...
when I first saw pictures of it, seemed so much like a diaper bag,
but when I saw it at the boutique, I was surprised...
plus, the straps seemed thicker, compared to the NF
but not as comfortable as the strap on Galliera...

so put totally as one of your choices...
might be a very practical bag for school...
you never know...

keep us posted...

Last edited:
Thanks Chewy and Pink Orange! The Palermo is on my list. I looked at the Totally, I thought it was pretty. I think I'll take another look, and I agree about the straps. I don't think the NF is very comfortable, it hurt my arm. The purse doesn't have to be super practical, just big lol. Ok so here is my must see list for tomorrow:

Palermo GM
Galliera GM
Montorguiel GM (?)
Tivoli GM
Odeon GM
Saumur
Tulum (?)
Lockit Vertical (?)
Sac Plat (?)
Deauville (?)
Mini Lin Angele (?)

What do you think??

Thanks Laria, the Vernis Brentwood is very pretty. I'm not sure about it as an everyday bag. Price isn't a big deal, as a college student I just don't feel comfortable carrying anything more than $1750. I don't know why, but it just seems inappropriate because many students at my school aren't as fortunate and have to pay for their own education. Some people at school already think I'm stuck up because I have a speedy :sad: lol.