Help! What non-Chanel bag should I get next? Or should I just get the jumbo?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Chanel ladies, I need your advice!

I have 4 flaps of various sizes and colors and a GST but my only black one is an m/l which is too small to use during the day. Since it has now gotten colder, I need a bag that I can use with my leather jacket and black shearling coat that won't get ruined by colour transfer as several of my bags have been damaged by my leather coat already.

What bags other than Chanel do you own? What would you recommend?

I still haven't decided if I want a structured bag or something slouchy so suggestions about that are welcome also. Some bags I'm considering are:

Mulberry Alexa
    PS1
    Givenchy Nightingale
    YSL Muse

Or should I just stick to Chanel and get a jumbo? HELP!!!

TIA

2. I should mention that I'm 5.3 but do have a 227 and I think that size is fine.

3. givenchy or jumbo or both imo

4. chanel bags transfer color?

anyways, i really like the celine box or ysl chyc bag, but based on what you said about your leather or shearling coat, it sounds like a muse would be a good choice.

5. No, other way, my jacket transferred color to my grey gst & metallic flap.

Is the muse heavy & can I comfortably carry it on my shoulder?

Love the Celine but don't love the price, the YSL chyc is an option though. Price wise, I would prefer to pay less that I have paid fpr Chanel, unless I get the jumbo of course.

6. I'm liking the Alexa more and more, so I'd pick that one, I think.

7. i say PS1, then Muse!

8. PS1. You already have flaps, so get something different.

9. I love that givenchy

10. The PS1 or the Alexa for sure!

11. ic..was kinda worried about chanel quality there for a sec...i agree about the price of celine box, ouch...chyc is a nice alternative.

the muse isn't heavy, and it's comfy, but since you like chanel, i thought you may prefer a bit more structured bag, than e.g. nightingale, which i have 3 of. i personally adore the nightingale, but it's definitely less structure and can be a bottomless pit sometimes, unless u have an purse organizer.

muse is great, stylish, iconic, tons of leathers and finishes...it's a tough decision. overall, i'd say change it up and get something diff.

12. been straying out of chanel onto other brands that are as classic. my choice, chloe paraty - elegant unique shape, clean lines, a day to night bag for me. so handy w/ the shoulder strap and chic worn by the crook of the arm. i'm surprised some commented that its quite heavy, but its definitely lighter than my jumbo!

13. I agree that a change would be a good idea. The Muse is lovely but I must admit, I found mine heavy and with a thick jacket on, it might be hard to get it over your shoulder.

I like the Alexa or PS1 - they are both more unstructured than the Chanel Flap but also have shape without being boxy KWIM?

14. I agree that a change would be a good idea. The Muse is lovely but I must admit, I found mine heavy and with a thick jacket on, it might be hard to get it over your shoulder.

I like the Alexa or PS1 - they are both more unstructured than the Chanel Flap but also have shape without being boxy KWIM?

15. I was going to suggest the Alexa or PS1 but if Chanel is what works for you, I would stick with the Jumbo.