Help! What do you think of this Valentino jacket?

Should I keep or return this Valentino coat?

• Keep it! Its a good classic style and great brand.

• Return it. Its too boring and not worth it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
I got this army green Valentino coat for $393 after tax down from about $1,750 at Saks. Its a bit brighter IRL. Very soft, made in Italy of synthetic material. Slightly padded for warmth.

Is it frumpy and old looking? I cant figure out if I bought it for the right reasons or not.

I thought it was a good staple item, but DH said its certainly not very "fashion forward", like I could get one just like it at Jcrew. Plus he said Ive bought way too much stuff during the sales. He doesnt even know there is one more pair of shoes in the mail! So I need to make some decisions, but I dont want to regret returning it either.

Should I keep it or return???

Attachments

• IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I like the color and the peacoat is a very staple style, but it's very shapeless and makes you look boxy. The silhouette is more reminiscent of a man's peacoat than one made for women.

Also, synthetic material? Definitely not worth it. Better tailored peacoats in wool and cashmere are available for better prices, especially with all the current sales.

I agree with NoraV. The shape is not the most flattering for your shape. It makes you look boxy, which it shouldnt! The material is also not worth the hefty price tag even after the reduction. I say return it and get a coat that fits and is made out of wool or cashmere. Winter sales are going on, youll snag something!

I think I agree with your hubby--it's just not that special even for that significantly discounted price. Take it back and enjoy your new shoes guilt free!