Help! What do I wear on the first day of my internship?

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Bavaria, Germany
Hey guys,

I will be starting my internship semester on the 17th of August and I'm kind of nervous about the first day. I have no clue what to wear!!! It was cold on the day of my interview so I wore a purple sweater with a white blouse underneath it, black slacks and some heels. Now that it's hot hot hot I have no idea what to wear. The dude who I had the interview with (head of the department) had on a nice polo shirt, some slacks and nice shoes.

I'll be an intern in the controlling department of a rather large automobile company here in Germany so I won't have any face-to-face contact with customers. Any tips on what I should wear the first day???

Reesee

Loving the BB
O.G.
May 13, 2009
Florida
I would say wear a shell top with a blazer that you can take off if its too hot, slacks and nice shoes. After the first couple of days you will get the idea of what everyone else wears and modify accordingly. Good luck!

mo-djoe

O.G.
Sep 7, 2008
somewhere in Europe
I think a polo shirt , is perfect , with some bermudas or long pants...Boat shoes or casual sneakers. The shirt shouldn't be too revealing , and not too tight , what I do : always take a men's small polo shirt ; )
And you can still add some elegance to the sporty look with a silk scarf or jewellery