Help! What bag should I wear with my winter coat?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies,

So I have a bit of a dilemma, I have two coats to keep me warm in the winter, a wool one from Anne Taylor and a Northface (don't remember the name of it, but it's a short, yet puffy jacket).

However, I'm a college student who stills lives with her parents and my mother won't let me out of the house if I don't wear my Northface jacket, since "it's too cold outside for the wool one." (I live in NYC)

The Northface is sooo puffy and IMO makes me look really big, but I guess it's just all that puffiness and I don't know what handbag to wear with it. I already spent so much on handbags and clothes last year that I don't want to waste even more money. I currently have a very small collection... YSL Besace, Jimmy Choo Alex, and a Chanel Jumbo Flap.

What do you girls think, any of them going to work with my Northface?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!:yes:

images.smarter.com/300x300x15/30/30/4407130.jpg
    This is my Northface.

2. I think either the JC Alex or the YSL Besace could work. I think the Chanel is a bit too dressy for your jacket. As long as the Alex can fit over your shoulder despite the puffiness of your jacket, it should be fine. And I think the messenger style of the Besace would work well with the casual style of your jacket.

3. I am not familiar with the Jimmy Choo but my first pick would be the YSL Besace. I think the Jumbo in Caviar would be fine as well, particularly if worn messenger-style. It really can be dreased up or down and I've seen ladies in sweats rocking their Jumbos.
    Besides, your jacket, while casual, would easily work over a skirt and boots and I think that may look cute with the Jumbo.

4. Thanks you guys for your help. :woohoo:
    Went out with my girlfriends tonight and wore the Besace. It felt a little bulky, but that was just the jacket, but got a few compliments. :wlae:

You guys are so nice. Thanks again!!!!! :woohoo: