***HELP** WC Papillon OWNERS!!!

ok, I just pulled my monogram papillon 30; however, although like new, it is the vintage model with the brown thinner leather straps (non-vachetta) and weights empty (and without the accompanying mini papillon case inside) 15 7/8 oz, almost 16 ounces!

I didn't open it because I don't want her to say that she in fact did put the purse in the box, and that I am trying to rip her off. I don't think there's any way that the purse with the zipper hardware would only weigh 2.4 ounces. My empty mini Coach wallet weighs 3.4 ounces. A regular dinner fork is 1 ounce. Something is off... Can someone weigh their 30 Papillon?

It sounds like you were leary of the seller to start with. You should make it a point to buy only from established ebay sellers and items that are verified ok through the authentication thread on this forum.

Forgot to also mention the mono papillon 30 is leather lined, was no sure what the WC papillon was inside. Leather would be heavier than any manmade lining.

I'm sure even with no lining, it would not weigh a mere 2.4 ounces. I am glad I decided to refuse delivery, then I don't have to worry about her saying I am tring to scam her. I already wrote her asking her to do the right thing and refund me $967. If she doesn't, I will have to file chargeback with my cc company.

hello, you should've open it, so you know what it was.. anyway i took pictures of my WC papillon on top my scale.. no weight.. its just blank, my son and my DH went on it first and it shows their weight but not the WC papillon, here are the pic..

You must have had doubts or been paranoid prior? What made you so suspicious that you stopped the postman at the door? Does the seller have much feedback? My WC Pap is super light, I never consider the weight when something arrives, I would have just opened to see, you could have done the same with your cc company if it were empty.

hi, i have a digital scale (for food/meat, etc) which i use for weighing my bags..

here's the Watercolor Papillon's weight in kg:

.425 kg without dustbag
.555 kg with dustbag

hope this helps!! :smile:

hi, i have a digital scale (for food/meat, etc) which i use for weighing my bags..

here's the Watercolor Papillon's weight in kg:

.425 kg without dustbag
.555 kg with dustbag

hope this helps!! :smile:

Thank you so much for this info. 0.425kg = 14.9 ounces. So, that confirms that there's no purse in there.

This is the auction number for those that want to take a look: 170246093317

I think you are right to be suspicious of Ebay. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. And if you had opened the box, the seller may have claimed it was there when it wasn't. While there are many legit Ebay sellers/buyers, there are alot of scammers too. Hope it works out for you.

have you contacted the seller about the bag yet?? she has feed back that sold tivoli too... so it might not be a scam but it might be a mixed up on stuff... does anybody know if you print shipping label using paypal do they check the weight at post office??Im thinking she purposely put that amount because shipping is cheaper

Last edited: