Help....was I overcharged for my classic flap?

Jul 31, 2007
I don't want to jump the gun..bought I got a White Caviar Classic Flap in June of this year and I paid $2295 before tax.

As I was going thru other threads, it seems like I paid more for mine. I don't know what size it is :shame: and Im at work now so I can't measure it. As soon as I get home, I will.

Was there a price increase before my purchase? Did anyone purchase a Caviar Classic Flap around June '07? Please help.:confused1:

I didn't buy mine in June, but I remember seeing them, well the black for 2250.00 and thats what I paid for mine before the price increase, so It seems like you did, if you got the jumbo... Not sure though.... Weird.

It sounds like you got a white hybrid flap and not the classic flap? Does it have a rectangular lock? Those were priced higher than the classic with with CC lock.

Hmm... do you have the medium soft caviar flap with the MM lock in white? I have that bag, and it was $2225 before tax. :smile: The regular medium sized white caviar flap with the cc logo was $1995 at that time, and the Jumbo was $2250. :smile:

No its definitely the classic. Chain/Woven leather strap and CC closure. Only one flap. I really don't think I have the Jumbo.

Gosh, this is really bugging me. Now its gonna be the first thing I do when I get home. Kiss my husband and run upstairs w/a tape measure. Caviar is the textured/pebbly leather right? The receipts at home too.

Maybe I do have a jumbo and just don't realize it. I will feel so dumb if I do. Told ya'll I haven't used the purse yet.:girlsigh:

If you have only one flap, you must have the Jumbo. :smile: The only other possibility is the E/W, which is the same size as the bag I posted, but not as tall. The Jumbo white caviar classic flap should have retailed for $2250 pre-price increase, so if that is in fact the bag you have, I'm not sure where the additional $45 came from. :confused1: Let us know what happens! :heart:

No its definitely the classic. Chain/Woven leather strap and CC closure. Only one flap. I really don't think I have the Jumbo.

Gosh, this is really bugging me. Now its gonna be the first thing I do when I get home. Kiss my husband and run upstairs w/a tape measure. Caviar is the textured/pebbly leather right? The receipts at home too.

Maybe I do have a jumbo and just don't realize it. I will feel so dumb if I do. Told ya'll I haven't used the purse yet.:girlsigh:

Im such a dummy. Sorry, must be pregnancy brain. The other day I asked my husband for ice cream flavored ice cream...LOL!

Anyway, I got home and checked my receipt and it was $2250. Then I went to measure it. Its bigger than I remembered....but maybe I just didn't believe I had a Jumbo, b/c when I think of something "jumbo" sized, I just imagine something ALOT BIGGER than my flap. The measurements are 12x8x3.5

So I think I jumped the gun. Everything is fine. I also checked the label and it says Made in France. Is that how I know its "old" caviar and not the "new" caviar?

^I don't get it, your tag says $2,250? That's how much I paid for the exact same white jumbo classic in caviar leather.

**edit, just read your other post** Yup that's definitely the jumbo. hehe. I just bought mine less than two weeks ago but mine's made in Italy.