HELP! Wanting to buy my first STAM bag...

Bee-licious

If karma was real, would it help you or harm you?
O.G.
May 15, 2007
Hi everyone! I've never stepped into the Marc Jacobs bag world except when buying Louis Vuitton. I saw the Light Petrol patchwork stam bag and head over heels....HARD!! I cannot even sleep, so I had to make a new thread to ask...is the light petrol color as gorgeous as it is in this photo?

mjhan2000318443_prod_medium.jpg

OR...would the patchwork bag look better in bronze? (Does it look very dark bronze IRL or more of a silvery/platinum bronze like in the photo?)

marc-jacobs-metallic-patchwork-stam.jpg

I've never seen an MJ bag IRL so I wouldn't know, but all you stam experts please help! I really cannot stop obsessing about them! Which bag do you think will be a bigger statement AND will look good in a few years? Hehe okay I know one is bright teal and the other is metallic..probably won't be THAT trendy in the next few years, but relative to one another, which would be the trendiest still? Thanks soooo much for everyone's input :biggrin:

The metallic bronze is gorgeous!! Unfortunately the color rubs off over time leaving plain cream leather behind. For that reason alone I vote for the light petrol patchwork Stam. Good luck with your decision!

Hi bee-licious. You certainly wont be dissapointed with your first MJ. I agree with Melly. I have the bronze stam in the quilted leather and there is some rubbing off of the metallic color in places of high wear, so in the long run you'll probably be happier with the teal color which btw is gorgeous. Keep us posted!

eeeek...thanks for everyone's input :biggrin: you guys are GREAT!! i was thinking of buying from shopbop.com since they are also having a sale. Their price for the light petrol (seems gorgeous and TDF btw) is $1085 http://www.shopbop.com/shop/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441806134&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302053895&fm=browse-boutique-shopbysize&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181057

Is that cheaper than Nordies? Hah, I'm from Canada so I wouldn't mind driving across the border just to save a few bucks, since shopbop has ridiculous shipping prices to Canada!! Anyhow, once again thanks for everyone's input!! I'm in love with the stam now :biggrin:

Hmm..okay, I KNOW the light petrol color is gorgeous, but I'm kind of considering the grey....

c372017_31249_01.jpg

what do you guys think of this versus the light petrol?

Oooh I love the grey quilted! :love: I think it's a bit more classic than the light petrol but not as eye catching. I guess it depends on what matters to you more.

I don't believe Nordstrom carried the light petrol Stam (only NM and possibly Saks). It doesn't matter if you buy from Shopbop or NM though, they both have the same 30% off. I guess it would be cheaper for you to run across the border to NM to grab one. Good luck!

well, if it's between the patchwork petrol and the grey quilted, i would choose the grey anyday. i love love love the color and i prefer quilted stams to the trendier patchwork.